Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel tank pickup/plumbing question for my Sniper EFI.

Second problem with that installation, is the weight of all the brass. Go over some bumps, and the tube is going to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by BITE_ME View Post
    Second problem with that installation, is the weight of all the brass. Go over some bumps, and the tube is going to crack.
    I hope not. I don't think those two fittings weigh more than that electric pump did.

I think he's implying that the pickup tube isn't supported at the bottom bracket the way the electric fuel pump was.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Would a hose clamp around the lower fitting and the bracket work?

I don't know about a hose clamp, but something to anchor the end of the pickup tube to the bottom bracket, would provide a lot of support. Think of the fuel constantly sloshing around and fatiguing the top of that pickup tube (due to leverage).

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks for the input. I'll figure it out. Maybe I should've just gone with an in-tank setup, but I already have the Master Kit.

Yeah, you'll make something work; you understand what's required.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes87Camaro View Post
    I'm hoping it isn't too bad. The pickup sits in a baffled box in the tank, so sloshing shouldn't be an issue.
    Your sock setup is just like thousands of production vehicles. I agree, I would not think you're any more susceptible to uncovering the pickup tube than they are, but a fuel psi gauge would prove it.
    Attachment 2862

Quote Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
    Your sock setup is just like thousands of production vehicles. I agree, I would not think you're any more susceptible to uncovering the pickup tube than they are, but a fuel psi gauge would prove it.
    A carbed engine doesn't care if the fuel pump sucks a little air, but an EFI engine does. EFI fuel tanks & delivery system are designed differently than a carbed engine would have.
    Last edited by 81 TransAm; 03-03-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12