Thread: Bad ECU?

Default Bad ECU?

I'm running a Dominator ECU and the car ran fine for three years, and now will not start. I've checked all the fuses and confirmed I have power when the ignition is turned on. The fuel pump is no longer priming for five seconds and the only reading I show when I hook up the laptop is AIR/FUEL. Nothing else. I've also changed the crank & cam sensors and nothing. I am at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

EFI Software Problems:
    Often times, when EFI software related functions don't work properly, it's caused by a corrupted software download/installation.
    I suggest completely removing the Holley EFI software from the "Control Panel", "My Documents" (Holley folder) and the
    "C:Drive" (Program Files, Holley folder) and install a fresh EFI software download. Save your Global File somewhere.
    ECU Firmware Problems:
    Conversely, often times, when actual ECU related functions don't work properly, it's caused by a corrupted ECU firmware installation.
    As a last resort, you can try reflashing the ECU firmware version (LINK). The ECU firmware is in with the software download (LINK).
    Also, try completely disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes. This "resets" some unusual ECU issues.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

When I go to save Global Folder, it says Valid GF requires Fuel, Sensor, System, Idle & Spark?

My first thought would be a corrupted Global Folder. Load a known good Global Folder or create a new one and load it in.

I absolutely agree. It seems the ECU lost your Global File.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

How do I know which one to load from the Base Cals folder? I have an LSX454 with a Holley Stealth intake.

If you don't have a saved copy of your last known to be good Global File, then you'll need to start over again with a base calibration. The same one you used initially.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)

I was able to find a tune in the custom cals folder (480HP LS2) that will get the car to start & go. How do I adjust the transmission shift point? I can not get it to come shift. The transmission is a 4L80E.

Quote Originally Posted by RE1955 View Post
    How do I adjust the transmission shift point? I can not get it to come shift. The transmission is a 4L80E.
    Did you have to adjust it before? If so, the same way you adjusted it last time.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r10544.pdf (Holley EFI Help/Instructions Overview)