Thread: Sniper fires up, idles and then dies when warm.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sniper fires up, idles and then dies when warm.

Just put a Sniper kit on an early Bronco 351W dual-plane intake. It starts when it's cold, on the other hand, as soon as I get it up to temp, shut it off & start it, it'll fire then suck a bunch of air through the IAC and either die or rev way up before settling down. Any help would be great, thanks.
    Last edited by Devo898; 02-23-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Could you upload a datalog using Dropbox, so I can see what's happening to help you? Here are the instructions on recording a datalog:

Any luck, I seem to be having the same problems.

I can help you guys if you just upload a datalog of it happening, along with the global Config File.

I haven't been able to upload a datalog, gonna buy a laptop soon. I had it wired up wrong, my key on wasn't hot while cranking, that definitely helped. The IAC does do some funny stuff every once in awhile. It opens way up while your putting along and the idle goes up to at least two grand.

I'm not sure if you can do this through the 3.5" TSLCD, but to solve that issue of the IAC, try decreasing the "RPM Above Idle To Start Ramp". Lower it in 200 RPM increments until that goes away. You do not need a laptop to take datalogs and tunes. You can use the SD card in the handheld to take datalogs and download GCF, then upload them to your computer.