Thread: Triggering a Sniper EFI system with Mopar ignition?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Triggering a Sniper EFI system with Mopar ignition?

Has anyone tried to trigger the Sniper EFI with the yellow wire hooked to the negative post on the coil and running the Mopar Orange electronic ignition box, or know if it is OK? As far as I can find online the Mopar orange ignition boxes are not capacitive discharge, but I do not want to damage the Sniper ECU. The tach is currently being triggered from there also. Thanks.

If you can connect a Tach, then you can connect the Sniper EFI.

That's right. Breaker points, the Mopar factory ignition, GM HEI conversions, the "Skip White" Ready-To-Run distributor & Pertronix, all switch the NEGATIVE coil terminal. There may be others.

Thanks for the replies. I'm running a Holley dual sync distributor & MSD, and letting the ECU control my timing on my Dart with the Terminator Stealth EFI. But I'm installing a Sniper EFI system on a friends 1970 Duster and didn't want to fry his ECU, LOL. Just wanted to be sure.