Thread: A/C Cut-Out Wiring

Default A/C Cut-Out Wiring

Hello all. I've searched the forum here and found some information regarding wiring in a relay to control the A/C cutout feature, but it was in the HP EFI section:
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...ng-with-HP-EFI. Curious if this wiring would work the same with the Sniper EFI setup?

Also, I have my Sniper EFI controlling my electric fans. I also want to wire in a trinary safety switch to turn on the fans based on the A/C system pressure. I believe I can just run one of the wires from my trinary switch directly to the wires that my Sniper fan control is connected to, so that they will activate. Is there any potential damage that could result to the Sniper ECU in doing this? Thanks, Andrew Geeting

It should work. You can put a fuse inline to make sure you do not hurt the ECU if there's a short.

That was my post from when I tied my A/C into my HP, worked fine. I don't really know anything about the Sniper EFI, so I can't help you there. I changed setups and I'm running it through my Dominator a little differently. I'm running the signal from the dash the switch on dryer. If it has the required pressure, it passes through the switch and then to an input on my Dominator. Then it exits the Dominator on one of the outputs to the relay, then to the A/C clutch. The output won't be active if it's above 75% TPS, over a set temperature, over a certain speed, etc. Also, with it as an input, I can use it to turn my Electric Fan on at a minimum of 50% when the A/C is on. My fan is controlled using a PWM− output that goes to a Corvette C6 fan controller.