Thread: Sniper EFI warm start issues, NEED HELP!

Default Sniper EFI warm start issues, NEED HELP!

Hey guys, new to the forum and new owner of a Sniper EFI kit, which we just installed on my '71 C30 with a 402 BBC, that I have less than 20 miles on.
    The truck starts & runs great at ambient temperature all the way til you get to your destination and you shut it off. Once the truck is shut off, it will not restart until it cools back off.
    I have a 160° thermostat in it, and have never seen the truck over 200° while running in traffic.

Long story short, I have talked to Scott & Scooter at Holley, who have done all they can to help us over the phone.
    We have adjusted coolant enrichment, cranking fuel, fuel prime, pretty much everything we can in at a temp to get this thing running right.
    I datalogged it and sent it in, which everything checked out okay from what they could tell.
    Now we are to the point where they suggest sending the unit in, so they can go through it, thinking it could be defective.
    Has anyone else has this issue? Also, all wiring is correct. I'm all out of ideas, so any help would be appreciated. I really do not want to take my truck back apart.
    Last edited by shiftedind; 02-21-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Post the datalog and your Global File.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftedind View Post
    Now we're to the point where they suggest sending the unit in, so they can go through it thinking it could be defective.
    I say do what they ask. Sometimes electronics act funny. In not a good funny way.

Read this, especially the framed information: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...2178#post92178 (Sniper EFI Troubleshooting Info)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I'm having this exact same issue. Once I drive my truck around for like two hours or so, and park it, I have to sit & wait for it to cool down before I can get it to startup. I'm thinking it's the EFI system, never had this issue with my carb.

I would imagine it's either too much fuel or not enough?
    When it fails to start, remove a spark plug. Is it wet or dry? If it's wet, check for spark!
    If you have spark, too much fuel, it's flooded. If it's dry, lack of fuel issue.
    Or remove the air cleaner and poor a little fuel in it to see if it fires.

Of course the above applies is if it is cranking but no fire. If it's not cranking - then it's probably starter heat sink.. common with long tube headers. Get a mini starter like I had to.
    Last edited by 71rs6spd; 03-15-2018 at 02:10 PM.