Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Try temporarily running the EFI system in non-sequential mode (Cam Sensor "Not Used" in Custom Ignition Parameters/System ICF).
    YES, this is what I want to do. I'll look for that drop drown box in System ICF. I wasn't sure where to go to find that. Thank you.

I found it when I try to change it I get a pop up that says. "This ignition does not support sequential fuel injection, fuel strategy being changed to Bank-To-Bank." No idea what that means?
    89 Mustang GT
    Dart Block 363 with Borg S475 Turbo
    Holley Dominator EFI with 7" Digital Dash

Yes, simply agree and allow the change (select "OK").
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thank you. I will test tonight.
    89 Mustang GT

So I ended up disabling the Cam Sync in the EFI software and it made zero difference. In a fit of rage, I started to shake wires like an angry man, and to my surprise it worked. I shook the wires at this here relay box and yanked on the plug a few times pushing it in harder, and just wiggling the crap out of the wires in that area near the relay box. The coil harness is going to this box. The wires on the right coming out of the box go to the battery. I didn't install any of this. Redline Motorsports installed everything for me. No idea what to do at this point. But something in that area is causing my issues. Soon as I started shaking around and messing with that box car ran on all 8 cylinders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180514_205113.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	3136 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180514_205357.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	3137
    89 Mustang GT

That Davis Technologies Relay Box 4 (LINK) is probably powering your ignition coils. I'd contact Redline Motorsports to confirm this.
    http://www.dragzine.com/tech-stories...-technologies/ (Davis Technologies Relay Box 4)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180515_195017.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	3140 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180515_195149.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	3141

After talking to Davis yesterday, I did as he said and unplugged each connector at the relay box and started to wiggle each wire. I didn't really feel anything out of the ordinary. I plugged everything back in and started the car and started to wiggle each wire one by one the best I could. I could not get the car to NOT run good.

I did follow the wires and found that the red power wire out of the coil harness is going to this relay box. The red wire if you follow it turns into orange color. And if you look at the connector at the relay box, there is a red wire coming down next to the orange wire which then turns to blue at the butt connector. That blue wire goes to the passenger side of the engine. When I have dead cylinders I have two dead on each side of the engine. So both sides of the coil harness are going to this box. Does this mean the issue is at the box? At this point I'm not sure what to do. I obviously haven't fixed anything. It's going to happen again, it's just a matter of when & where.
    Last edited by Joeyman; 05-16-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    89 Mustang GT

Remove the Davis Box and wire the COP the way Holley suggests in there wiring diagrams.

I'll have to try and find the documents that show COP wiring. I'm not the greatest when it comes to wiring, that's why I paid big bucks to have someone professionally install everything for me.
    89 Mustang GT

http://documents.holley.com/199r10515rev3.pdf (Holley 558-307 CNP Main Harness Instructions)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10515rev3.pdf (Holley 558-307 CNP Main Harness Instructions)
    Thank you for the links. I was on the Holley website. What if I just ditched what I have now, and buy this Holley 558-118 MPFI/CNP Main Harness. Thoughts?
    89 Mustang GT