Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thoughts

You could do that, but it's more work.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

So it's nice weather here in St. Louis and I have the car out for two days. This morning it was back on 4 cylinders and I shook & tugged & wiggled everything I could. It would not want to run on 8 cylinders. I turned the car off and immediately turned it back on and it was back to 8 cylinders.

I officially give up and will be parking the car. I have no idea what to do anymore. I've reached out to a few shops. No one wants to touch this thing. Uggh.
    89 Mustang GT
    Dart Block 363 with Borg S475 Turbo
    Holley Dominator EFI with 7" Digital Dash

If you have it parked, send the box back, and see what they find. I saw "butt splice" mentioned. You paid to have a wiring job done, and they used butt splices? A wiggle job, and things go to working. I'd have someone with the proper tools take those wires out of the connectors, and check the crimps. You could also have a jumper wired for testing, and go around that box.
    Injector Inspector
    USAF 1960-1964
    Drag racing since 1955

Holley tech department had me check 12V switched at the ignition plugs and at the ECU plug. I have 12.2V key on and 0V key off. Waiting for them to tell me what the next step in this process will be.
    89 Mustang GT

My Dominator ECU was at Holley for a week. It all checked out good per their test. It's on its way back to me.
    89 Mustang GT

The months keep on passing and my car keeps on sitting collecting dust. I miss driving my car.
    89 Mustang GT

I thought you found the problem.

Not really. I found that burnt up relay its been replaced and didn't matter.

Look at this mess under my hood. I took this video couple days ago to get a quote.

https://youtu.be/ZBg8PFKer-Y