Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ProCharged EFI Issues

Default ProCharged EFI Issues

Hey everyone, so maybe you guys can give me some insight on my issue. I recently got my blueprint 400ci SBC running with the intercooled ProCharger P1SC centrifugal supercharger running. I had my laptop hooked up reading everything, and my issue is that the EFI recognizes that there is more air being forced in, and adds more fuel obviously. The thing is that it spikes my RPM and holds at 2000 ish RPM. I've adjusted the screw manually, and changed my idle RPM via my laptop. Is there another way to have it recognize that I have a super charger? I知 not sure what else I知 missing. Also, I知 running 6-8 psi of boost and I知 stumped on how to bring it down. If I知 forgetting any information let me know.

Stupid question. Did you add a different MAP sensor, and tell the ECU to ignore the onboard (none replaceable) MAP sensor?

No I did not. I'm still running everything stock that cane with the EFI. I did notice when I push the brake fully, it kills the engine. But when I’m not on it, it idles at 2-2700 RPM. My opinion would be that I have a leak somewhere, and it's trying to compensate for that leak by keeping the RPM so high. Any thoughts?

Keep in mind, the Sniper EFI only has a 2 bar MAP sensor (internal with the ECU, and not removable/replaceable in the Sniper EFI).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

A datalog may show what is happening.

Have you tried running it N/A without the charge pipe to see if it's the ProCharger? The only way to turn down boost is to change pulleys.

Just out of curiosity, the Sniper flows 400 lbs/hr, which feeds 500 ponies and is easy to do with a 400 cid SBC naturally aspirated, let alone boosted. How can you get the Sniper to handle that power?

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyC10 View Post
    Have you tried running it N/A without the charge pipe to see if it's the ProCharger? The only way to turn down boost is to change pulleys.

Just out of curiosity, the Sniper flows 400 lbs/hr, which feeds 500 ponies and is easy to do with a 400 cid SBC naturally aspirated, let alone boosted. How can you get the Sniper to handle that power?
    Well the Sniper is true to its 650 HP on the four injectors. My engine with the supercharger actually makes well in the 700-750s at the crank. The issue is the Sniper can not make more then 650 roughly. I haven’t actually had it dynoed yet. So I’m not to sure how to answer that question. I know it’s maxed out at 650, but after I get all my wiring done, I’m going to upgrade to the eight injector version of the Sniper. It’s been a project, LOL. Once I get some numbers, I’ll go ahead, if you care, and post about it and all my numbers after the dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Keep in mind, the Sniper EFI only has a 2 bar MAP sensor (internal with the ECU, and not removable/replaceable in the Sniper EFI).
    Would you say I need a 3rd party MAP sensor? I can not find a vacuum leak. So is the MAP sensor the reason it’s idling so high? At idle, I’m outing down 30 lb/hr of fuel. I just can’t pin point the error and I think it’s internal of how the EFI is reading. Any advice?

Post your calibration file and a datalog of the occurrence. Hard to tell what's happening without information.

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Post your calibration file and a datalog of the occurrence. Hard to tell what's happening without information.
    Thank you, that’s what I needed to know. When I get home I’ll post the files.