Thread: V4 Build 64 To Build 110

Default V4 Build 64 To Build 110

This is a new ECU. New install. I'm a first time user. I got the ECU & harness installed. I connected to the ECU with the USB to my laptop. The program prompted me to send my file to the ECU by doing that comparison of what's in the computer vs whats in the ECU. After that, my fuel pump primed, my fans kicked on & off. Things were happening. I started getting a message that my build version was wrong. I think it said I had build 64 and I needed 84? I went to the Holley website and found build 110. I saved my Global File. I loaded build 110. Now I can't get past the error messages of some timeout. My pumps don't prime anymore and my fans don't kick on anymore. What do I do next?

Quote Originally Posted by 1idjak View Post
    I started getting a message that my build version was wrong. I think it said I had build 64 and I needed 84? I went to the Holley website and found build 110. I saved my Global File. I loaded build 110.
    The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit (if applicable) must all be V4 compatible (LINK).
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Determining EFI Software/ECU Firmware Versions)

Now I can't get past the error messages of some timeout. My pumps don't prime anymore and my fans don't kick on anymore. What do I do next?
    This seems like there isn't a Global File uploaded into the ECU.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

The link that shows me how to determine my EFI software & ECU firmware, using the Help button and the "About Holley". It needs a internet connection, right? I don’t have internet in the shop. I came in & downloaded the latest EFI software from Holley onto my laptop. Went out to the shop and did the update. Now it times out RTC every time. How can I load a Global File if I’m getting timed out?

An internet connection is not required to connect your laptop live with the ECU.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Can you tune two different Holley ECUs with the same laptop?

Yes, no limit.

Yes, select "Get From ECU", as opposed to "Send To ECU".

My switched +12V was flickering intermittently. The ECU was turning off & on. No +12V, no sync. Problem solved.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you fixed it.