Thread: WBO2 Sensor Compatibility

Default O2 sensor compatibility

I’m having an issue with WBO2 sensor compatibility. I’m looking into purchasing a Sniper EFI kit. I have a '76 Corvette with a big block & side pipes. 2-1/8” individual primaries to a 4” collector. My issue is the collector is total of 8” in length, and the side pipes slip over the collector. No seals, just one pipe slipping over another. Any ideas would be appreciated as to where I can locate my WBO2 sensor where it will not be compromised by outside air leaking into my exhaust? I’m not sure if placing the sensor into one single exhaust pipe would work as well vs into a collector? I know there wouldn’t be a leak from the individual pipe. Please help! And no, I’m not willing to change my exhaust setup.

Below is a link to my Photobucket account, so you can see what my issue is. Thanks in advance for any help!
    http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...pszsddptik.jpg
    Last edited by Jon palasky; 02-14-2018 at 05:16 PM.

If you have no exhaust leaks where the collector joins with the side pipes, you will have no problems. And if you do have any problems, it will only be at idle when the exhaust gas velocity is low, and outside air can leak in. The further the WBO2 is from the collector, the more accurate average of cylinder AFR will be, but it will be delayed to what the engine is seeing. And vice-versa for closer to the collector.

I imagine there is a leak by the collector. The side pipe slips over the collector with no gasket. However, if I put the sensor as close to the conjoining pipes as possible, the side pipe slips over the collector by about 4”. If there is constant pressure blowing through the exhaust, unless there is a Venturi effect, I may be OK. Thank you for your reply & help!!!