Thread: USB Dongle/USB driver version 3.0?

Default USB Dongle/USB driver version 3.0?

Hello. I recently completed a Sniper install and I'm trying to connect my laptop to the ECU with my Dongle. The EFI software has been installed on the laptop several times, and the driver says that it loads and there's a driver file directory. However, it does not recognize the Holley cord and searches for a driver. I have navigated to the file in the installation Wizard, but it still does not work. Holley Tech line advice was get another laptop or try another Dongle. Hoping for some additional guidance. I'd like to save my Config File, but currently don't have the ability with the laptop. Thanks, C68.
    Last edited by Cheverra68; 02-13-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Not an expert on this, but it might be helpful to know what version of Windows you're running.

Windows Vista SP2, reinstalled the EFI software several times. It states it's installing the driver, then the setup Wizard starts for a driver installation, it finds the driver and states no update is necessary. Looking at the security catalog of the driver it says it's invalid (basically corrupt?). I think I need another copy of the the driver. I did go get the EFI software off of the website again, reloaded, no change.

The Holley 558-443 CAN/USB Dongle may not be compatible with Windows Vista (even though the Sniper EFI supposedly is). Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Google "Vista XP prolific driver". Should work after that.

During the driver install, Windows has an issue with the security catalog of the driver and views it as malicious. Even if you click to allow usage, the install is not valid and the dongle does not work.

You have to be an Administrator. Right click its "Properties" under "Security", make sure you have "Permission" to use it. If you PM me your email address. I could send you the 1.96MB file I have.