Thread: Dual WBO2 Sensors

Default Dual WBO2 Sensors

Hello, I have a question about dual WBO2 sensors with a Terminator EFI. Yes, I have a Dominator ECU. I'm wiring & pluming at this time, but will be firing it up with the handheld soon. My question is, "Can you do the initial startup with the handheld and dual WBO2 sensors?" Is there a screen on the handheld to select two WBO2 sensors? Thanks, Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoats View Post
    Is there a screen on the handheld to select two WBO2 sensors?
    I don't think there's a screen selection for dual WBO2 sensors. There's only a "Wideband O2 Sensor Type". I'd use the Wizard to first program your engine application, then connect a laptop "Online" with the ECU (Get From ECU), retrieve the engine Global File, and then make the dual WBO2 sensor change in Engine Parameters.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thank you much. Do I need to take out the 2nd WBO2 sensor before startup? If yes, what is good to block off the bung?

Quote Originally Posted by tmoats View Post
    Thank you much. Do I need to take out the 2nd WBO2 sensor before startup?
    Yes, don't leave an unpowered/unplugged WBO2 sensor in the exhaust of a running engine.

If yes, what is good to block off the bung?
    18mm spark plug or an O2 sensor bung plug (LINK).

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

When you have dual WBO2 sensors, does the ECU simply average the readings from them?

With the Holley Dominator ECU, you can select "Average", "Left Only", "Right Only", "Leanest" & "Richest" (dual WBO2 sensors).
    I've been running dual NTK WBO2 sensors, with the "Average" type of Sensor Averaging (Engine Parameters). Works awesome!