Thread: Individual AFR

Default Individual AFR

I'm wiring in eight Individual WBO2 sensors with two of the AEM 4 channel WBO2 modules. I was wondering how to set the data up in the V4 EFI software for the 0-5V signal? The only way I figured how to do it, does not let me put half numbers in. I was trying to do it through the inputs & selected Custom 5V.

Is it a linear curve? If so, just skip every other number so it fits in the table.

I'm just learning the Holley Dominator EFI system, but we have been using AEM's products for data acquisition on an engine dyno for several years.
    http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pro...afr-controller

I'm assuming your talking about AEM's UEGO 4 channel wideband controller. Our engine dyno is using this same controller along with an AQ-1 data logger. The UEGO 4 channel controller powers the wideband O2 sensors, and takes the 0-5V signals as inputs. The UEGO communicates to the AQ-1 via AEMnet CAN Bus. I would think to get the wideband inputs to a Dominator ECU would require configuring them as CAN inputs. I'm not sure if the Dominator CAN inputs are compatible with AEMnet CAN. Hopefully this helps some, but more research is required.

If the AEM 4/8 channel WBO2 controller has individual 0-5V outputs, you'd use the "5 Volt" type Inputs in the Holley EFI software (then Custom 5V in the Configure screen). As Ryan W. stated, if it's a linear curve, just enter the first & last values in the Calibration scales, highlight the entire scale (left click & drag) and select "Fill Row Values".
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

My question is, can you setup the Dominator to adjust AFR on a per-cylinder basis? Or is this purely for datalogging?
    Andrew

No, it's only for datalogging/data monitoring and (manual) Individual Cylinder Fuel Correction tuning.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

So this is how I'm gonna try it first. AEM gives you the linear 5V curve, but you can't do the Fill Row Values because it duplicates some of the AFR values and then there are two different voltage numbers in the same AFR value.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	2822

Pics too small, can't read anything. With some tricky Advanced Tables, you would be able to do individual cylinder corrections, just need some trial & error to get the correction percentages right.