Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't datalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I use a Panasonic Toughbook CF-52 laptop that had Windows XP Professional (now has Windows 7 Professional). It's the best laptop computer I've ever used!
    Mine is a CF-30 setup to boot in either Win XP or Win 7. It's my "road machine"; I'm a controls guy by trade. Ship stabilization systems.

I've tried everything I can think of with two different laptops and the results are always the same: The moment the engine fires, the USB connection fails and cannot be restored, no matter what sequence I've tried. The laptop says the "USB device has stopped working". With the engine running, I've tried to reestablish a connection to the laptop software in various orders of syncing or even restarting the app and plugging in the USB cable. The laptop finds nobody home.

I'm still making some progress, since I can link up with the ignition on, but engine off and let the Learn Table get transferred, make some idle adjustments, etc. But not having the online capability and ability to log data is a pain. Any ideas?

Nothing? I ran it again a while just a few minutes ago with the IAC wired like I think it should be (GM thread-in type, square 4-pin Weather-Pack connector) and it's coming along. But I'm balancing the bypass air adjustment on the throttle body by guess, since I cannot read the IAC value while its running. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    But not having the online capability and ability to log data is a pain. Any ideas?
    Setup the internal ECU datalogging.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog & System Log Information)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Setup the internal ECU datalogging.
    I did. That's not the problem. I can datalog just fine as long as the engine is not running. I've currently got it set to record 30 seconds at 40 FPS. The problem is that the USB connection dies as soon as the engine fires, and nothing I've tried will reestablish the link.

I guess I need to start a new thread? Since I've since determined that the actual problem is in keeping Holley app connected to the ECU with the engine running. I thought at first it was something to do with datalogging not working; I didn't realize that the USB connection was the culprit.
    Last edited by Gilligan; 02-07-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Is this an Internal (ECU) datalog, or a PC (laptop) datalog? Two different ways of datalogging. PC datalogging is sensitive to USB cable interference and/or the laptop it's used with. This can also happen if the datalog "Logging Rate" (FPS) is set too high in Setup ECU Logging. Recording an Internal (ECU) datalog doesn't involve the USB connection, until you retrieve it from the ECU with your laptop. If it's an Internal (ECU) datalog, how are you triggering it? Immediate or Triggered? TPS%, switch, etc.? Also, the EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit (if applicable) must all be V4 compatible (LINK).

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Danny, you've given me some things to check. I'll see what completely disabling the datalogging does to help the USB connection "stay alive". And I have not attempted any EFI software/ECU firmware upgrades yet. It's running what came in the box. Guess I've got a lot more work to do.

And I have not attempted any EFI software/ECU firmware upgrades yet. It's running what came in the box.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Determining EFI Software/ECU Firmware Versions)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Determining EFI Software/ECU Firmware Versions)
    Thanks. I read through all of that earlier. I know mine is version 1.5 something. Do I have to complete the V2 upgrade and then the V4 upgrade? Or can I jump straight from V1.5 to V4? I had forgotten that I'd done it, but I had previously deactivated datalogging in my efforts to determine why the USB Link always fails and remains dead after engine start. So it's not a datalogging issue apparently...*sigh*.

Do I have to complete the V2 upgrade and then the V4 upgrade? Or can I jump straight from V1.5 to V4?
    You should be able to update straight to V4 EFI software/ECU firmware.