Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WBO2 Sensor Problem

Unhappy WBO2 Sensor Problem

It appears that I've lost my WBO2 sensor. Fairly new Sniper EFI install around 200 miles. I have new WBO2 sensor & Innovate Motorsports bung extender ordered. I've read so many threads about installing the new sensor, that I'm totally confused. Files, good tunes, Global Files, dos & don'ts. The engine has run about one or two minute since the AFR flashed red. I did change into open loop and it seemed to make a difference at idle, but I haven't driven it. Didn't want to leave the safety of my driveway. Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Read "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes": http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (WBO2 Sensor Information)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

What's the AFR value? And your fastest resolve will be to call Holley they can walk you through a few procedures to try and isolate the issue. They sent me a new WBO2 and when that didn't fix my flashing red pegged AFR, they had me return the whole unit.

The AFR stays at 35. I've read the WBO2 sensor notes: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness, but I'm not very confident on the procedure of installing a new WBO2 sensor.

That's OK. If you're thinking of relocating the WBO2 sensor, plenty of EFI users have an exhaust shop/performance garage install the WBO2 sensor bung. However, replacing the existing WBO2 sensor, is as simple as that (no EFI software changes, unless the Learn Table is corrupted).

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

1. System is in open loop now.
    Will running the initial startup Wizard switch the system to closed loop?
    2. If I'm understanding what I read correctly, I should install the new WBO2 sensor and then run the start-up Wizard.
    3. Danny: I read what you said about the Innovate bung extension and decided to go that route.
    My bung is welded in and I have used the Bosch WBO2 sensors in the past with carburetors with no problems.
    4. My main concern is not to crash the new sensor as soon as I key the ignition.
    5. Is calibration still necessary before installing the new sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuestick View Post
    Will running the initial startup Wizard switch the system to closed loop?
    Yes.

2. If I'm understanding what I read correctly, I should install the new WBO2 sensor and then run the start-up Wizard.
    You can just clear the Learn Table of the corrupted values, or upload the last "known to be good" Config File.
    The 3.5" TSLCD doesn't have the option to "Clear" the Learn Table, so you'll have to use the Sniper EFI software.

5. Is calibration still necessary before installing the new sensor?
    No, the Holley EFI WBO2 sensor isn't calibrated by the end user.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    You can just clear the Learn Table of the corrupted values, or upload the last "known to be good" Config File.
    This is what loses me. Is this located on the SD card?

Yes, but you probably don't have one yet. You'd know if you saved a Config File. Read this LINK.
    If the Learn Table is corrupted, you can't just replace the WBO2 sensor, and restart the engine. You must upload the last "known to be good" Global Folder, upload
    the base calibration, or at the very least, clear the Learn Table of the corrupted values from the defective WBO2 sensor (this requires the Sniper EFI software).
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Sniper EFI Software & Holley 558-443 CAN/USB Dongle)

Thanks Danny. I believe things are beginning to clear up.
    Last edited by Cuestick; 01-30-2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: s