Thread: ALL gauges red and say NO DATA.

Default ALL gauges red and say NO DATA.

Ran for about 30 minutes. Got to 160°F, adjusted idle then wham, all gauges turned red and say NO DATA. Anyone know what happened?
    1981 Jeep Cherokee FSJ

Does it still run? Anymore information?

Twisted Z, it does start & run just fine. I have the laptop EFI software, but have not been able to get the laptop gauges to work. That may be my fault.
    1981 Jeep Cherokee FSJ

4. Default

This may be something you're already aware of, but the laptop gauges only work when you are in "Online" mode via the USB Link menu option. If you're Offline when the gauges window will pop up, there won't be any active/live data showing.
    HP EFI V4, 388cid Stealth Ram, 1000 CFM 58mm throttle body, Holley Dual Sync Distributor. LS Coil Near Plug, 1 bar MAP, 48 lb/hr Holley EFI injectors, 43 psi.

Thank you 383_StealthRam. Think I found my issue and things are fine. The pink wire connection was not good. I fixed that and tightened the battery cables and the handheld is showing all gauges. And it's running a lot better. I've set my idle and reset the TPS to 0%. Think I'm done for tonight. Brake bleed & drive tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys. Also, I think I had a EMI/RFI input in to the LCD wire bundle. I re-routed some stuff as well as the above actions. I'm not going to put it back to verify as I have enough to work on! Just more info for the search engine.
    Last edited by az chip; 12-06-2018 at 12:54 AM.
    1981 Jeep Cherokee FSJ

This is definitely EMI or RFI. You need a clean source for your pink wire 12 volt wire.

Quote Originally Posted by RPnova View Post
    This is definitely EMI or RFI. You need a clean source for your pink wire 12 volt wire.
    Thanks for the reply RPnova. I did find that to be my issue. Fixed yesterday by moving the data/LCD wire and fixing today by installing some better spark plugs. And other wire moving.
    1981 Jeep Cherokee FSJ

Glad you got it fixed.