Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HHC Error & Locking Up

Default HHC Error & Locking Up

Hi All. I'll preface this by saying the car is running fine, no issues there.

When I try & configure the Dash 1, 2 & 3 on the controller 90% of the time it locks up & is only recoverable by turning off ignition. It works sometimes, usually the first one & then when I go to configure another spot on the face, I get to the point where it asks you what you want it to look like (small digital is one I think & is my usual choice), and instead of displaying these choices it has a single 'J' in each field & is now locked up. Anyone else get this & is there a fix?

Yes, mine does that too. Very aggravating.

I'm curious to know what Holley Tech Service (LINK) says about this.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I'm curious to know what Holley Tech Service (LINK) says about this.
    I am too. I found that making one change, exiting & going back in seems to work. But trying to make two changes without exiting the change screens, almost always results in lockup & loss of your change.

I had the same issue, but after I updated the firmware for the 3.5" TSLCD, I have not had the problem again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen View Post
    I am too. I found that making one change, exiting & going back in seems to work. But trying to make two changes without exiting the change screens, almost always results in lockup & loss of your change.
    Yeah, me too. But even doing that I still have issues. I'd like to update the firmware as suggested, but have looked around the Holley website & I'm unsure where to get it or what the latest version is. The HHC currently says "Device Type: 10 (Rev D), Device Firmware Version: 1.0.9".

EDIT: The Sniper EFI has its own 3.5" LCD Touchscreen firmware. https://forums.holley.com/showthread...dheld-Firmware (Sniper EFI 3.5" TSLCD Firmware)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by 66FAIRLANE
    Thanks. Will try that out soon. I guess the latest is V4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    Yes, the latest EFI software/ECU firmware is V4.
    Those are for Holley EFI devices, not the Sniper EFI. Danny posts so much on the forums here, that it's easy to get confused what forum he's monitoring.
    The SD card contents for Sniper EFI are what you would need to download for your Sniper EFI: http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rdcontents.zip
    Last edited by Matt; 01-15-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Yes, you're right Matt. Thanks so much for catching that! Sometimes I don't realize I'm in the Sniper EFI forum.
    Here's your post about this: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...dheld-Firmware (Incompatible TSLCD Firmware)

Thanks Matt. I just updated mine tonight. Just FYI: The file Matt linked to has a nice PDF instruction on how to perform the update included with the new files.