Thread: Handheld continuously "Searching For ECU".

Default Handheld continuously "Searching For ECU".

OK, so I received a Holley Terminator a few weeks ago. After install I turned the key on and handheld said searching for ECU, and would not connect tried updating firmware with no success. Long story short, I sent the handheld and ECU back to Holley they said the handheld (3.5" touchscreen) was an old version and not compatible with my ECU. They sent me a new handheld and said it was all working. Tonight I installed it all back in truck turned key on and same thing. it won't connect. I called the support line they said it could be my extension cable and are sending me a new one, but I just Ohms tested the one I have, and I can't find an issue with it so I don't think this is the culprit. Does anyone have any input on this, because I'm running out of solutions at this point, and I just want to get this thing back on the road. Thanks for any input and apologies for the long post.

Have you tried removing the SD card? What does your ignition system consist of?
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Yeah, I did and no difference. I'm running A GM large cap HEI. The tech at Holley said he made a tune for it while he had it there. Although I'm not sure what that consists of, but the fuel pump does prime when I turn key on after I got it back. It did not do that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoff View Post
    Although I'm not sure what that consists of, but the fuel pump does prime when I turn key on after I got it back. It did not do that before.
    Oh, maybe your engine Global File was somehow corrupted.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

OK, so update on the problem I was having. The problem all along was that the CAN1 & CAN2 harness were not properly labeled. I was plugging into the CAN2 harness the entire time, but it was labeled CAN1. Easy as that, LOL. I got the truck running. Now the problem is that the fuel pressure regulator that came with the kit is steady at 80 psi and will not adjust at all. I even backed the screw nearly all the way out and no change in pressure. Kind of disappointing especially considering when I first turned the key on, fuel sprayed everywhere out of the regulator, because the 4 bolts on top were never tightened from factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoff View Post
    OK, so update on the problem I was having. The problem all along was that the CAN1 & CAN2 harness were not properly labeled. I was plugging into the CAN2 harness the entire time, but it was labeled CAN1. Easy as that, LOL.
    Thanks for the update, it might help someone else.