Thread: New to Holley HP EFI - S484 Camaro

Default New to Holley HP EFI - S484 Camaro

Hey guys. We've been running my '02 Camaro SS on the stock ECU for the last few years. Setup is Forged Aluminum 347 with TFS as cast 220s & LJMS Cam. S484 T6 turbo with a glide. Car runs extremely well, but we were flying blind on the stock ECU & 2 bar MAP sensor. Just purchased the Holley HP EFI system and LOS Instrument panel for the Dash once they come back in stock. I will continue to use my Boost Leash to control the boost pressure through CO2 even though we're moving to Holley.

Any advice on certain Inputs/Outputs I should run? I will be installing the transbrake module, since it will be wired into the HP. I'll also be running two fans (not sure if that is 1 Input/Output or 2) and an electric water pump. My plan is to leave the MagnaFuel 4303 on a external switch, since it is already hooked up.

I look forward to learning through this forum and enjoying HOLLEY EFI.

I'm in the same boat, but with a slightly different twist, since I'm running Nitrous. Would like to know as well how to wire factory 2-speed fans on those '98-'02 F-bodies? In addition, on how to get the VSS wiring and how to set the Output? I have the 7" Digital Dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Maalmull View Post
    Would like to know as well how to wire factory 2-speed fans on those '98-'02 F-bodies?
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...3586#post63586 (2-Speed Electric Fan Control)

In addition, on how to get the VSS wiring and how to set the Output?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ith-Holley-EFI (Vehicle Speed Sensor Input)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Danny, is the Auto Meter 5291 speed sensor all that's needed to wire & install? Transmission is TH400. Also, can you show the speed gauge on the 7” Digital Dash touchscreen? If so, how do you set it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Maalmull View Post
    Danny, is the Auto Meter 5291 speed sensor all that's needed to wire & install?
    Yes, the HP ECU is only compatible with the better, Hall-Effect (digital) "F" Type speed sensors. The signal wire connects to the I/O Auxiliary Harness 558-400.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Section 9.1 "Inputs", Pages 27 & 28)

Also, can you show the speed gauge on the 7” Digital Dash touchscreen? If so, how do you set it up?
    Create a gauge and select the custom VSS input you created from the list. To program it correctly, ensure you select the correct data channel ("Value To Monitor") for the gauge.
    Scroll down toward the end of the list for your custom I/O. Example: Don't select "Speed" (which is from the Transmission ICF), if your VSS is from the custom Inputs/Outputs ICF.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions - Step 3, Page 11)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires