Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAF Question

I ordered the AC416 Idle air motor, I also ordered the Accufab GM adapter. I go to assemble them and the holes in the GM to Ford Accufab adapter do not line up with the motor mounting holes. I called Accufab and they do not make a adapter to fit the Chrysler idle air motor to the GM plate? Can I just elongate the hole on idle air motor to make the screws fit? Or do I have to go back and order a GM specific motor and then repin the Holley harness?

Quote Originally Posted by jreyn View Post
    I called Accufab and they do not make a adapter to fit the Chrysler idle air motor to the GM plate? Can I just elongate the hole on idle air motor to make the screws fit?
    I'd try that first (if it's only a little elongation).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by jreyn View Post
    I ordered the AC416 Idle air motor, I also ordered the Accufab GM adapter. I go to assemble them and the holes in the GM to Ford Accufab adapter do not line up with the motor mounting holes. I called Accufab and they do not make a adapter to fit the Chrysler idle air motor to the GM plate? Can I just elongate the hole on idle air motor to make the screws fit? Or do I have to go back and order a GM specific motor and then repin the Holley harness?
    I ran into the same issue, and just took my Dremel and used a very fine-tip cutter and carefully elongated only the edge of the hole needed to get the screw in. What I mean by that, is I did not enlarge the entire hole, only the edge closest to the screw hole on the Accufab adapter. I only altered the hole as little as I needed to. I also made sure to clean any tiny metal shavings away from the assembly before installing the motor into the adapter. This secured the IAC securely to the adapter. As far as asking questions, don't be afraid to ask about anything that you aren't sure about.

Danny, I have another quick question. I finished wiring the system with the Digital Dash. ECU firmware updated and seems to be responding, but I have not yet had time to go through the TPS sweeps. With the key in run position and the EFI software linked, should my Digital Dash be powering up, or will that not happen until I actually start the car? Basically key-on/engine-off, the Digital Dash is not powering, and the manual doesn't say exactly when it should come on? Thanks again

Yes, key-on/engine-off, the Digital Dash should be powered on. Ensure the Digital Dash +12V white wire is powered in the "Run" and "Crank" key positions.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instruction Manual)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires