Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 6125 Headers, warped flanges out of the box.

  1. #1

    Default 6125 Headers, warped flanges out of the box.

    Hi there. So I ordered myself a nice yet expensive set of Hooker Headers. Sadly, I'm not impressed by the built quality. The flanges are warped, so I'm not sure whether they will seal or not - and even if they seal when tightened down, I'd have expected more from Hooker/Holley.
    #1 is badly bent on one end, but the rest does not look too straight either:





    #2. It's a .45 mm feeler gauge, or .02 inch:

    Last edited by Dr_Grip; 12-08-2017 at 02:41 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Are those 5/16" thick flanges on the headers? I hear a lot about the thinner ones being more prone to bending, and having to be straightened or machined.

  3. #3

    Default

    Use the "dead soft" header gaskets and it will be fine. Like these: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/p...SABEgIP7PD_BwE. Andrew
    Last edited by andrewb70; 12-09-2017 at 01:05 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SatherCS View Post
    Are those 5/16" thick flanges on the headers? I hear a lot about the thinner ones being more prone to bending, and having to be straightened or machined.
    Yep, 8mm, that should convert to 5/16".

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    Use the "dead soft" header gaskets and it will be fine. Like these: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/p...SABEgIP7PD_BwE. Andrew
    Thank you for the tip! But to be honest, I don't want to buy some specialty gasket to work around a manufacturing defect.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Grip View Post
    Thank you for the tip! But to be honest, I don't want to buy some specialty gasket to work around a manufacturing defect.
    I think your expectations are not realistic. Headers almost always are not quite square. Those dead soft aluminum gaskets work great and will seal your headers. Also, when they go through a few heat cycles while bolted to the head, they will most likely go back to square. Andrew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Holley has been the undisputed leader in fuel systems for over 100 years. Holley carburetors have powered every NASCAR® Sprint® Cup team and nearly every NHRA® Pro–Stock champion for four decades. Now, Holley EFI is dominating the performance world as well as our products for GM's LS engine. Holley's products also include performance fuel pumps, intake manifolds & engine dress–up products for street performance, race and marine applications. As a single solution, or partnered with products from other Holley companies - Hooker Headers, Flowtech Headers, NOS Nitrous, Weiand, Earl's Performance Plumbing, or Diablosport - Holley products can give you the edge you need over the competition.
Join us