Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Timing control with GM large cap HEI.

I've got a vacuum advance lockout kit. Just wondering how he set it up to adjust it where he needs it. Maybe when I pull the distributor, it will become more clear.
    Hope to start on that project next weekend, depending on if I get my other three projects completed: house water filter system install, replace the K5 alternator again and figure out why they keep burning up, figure out the code in the '04 Chevy truck and what it takes to fix it (probably the O2 sensor), but trying to figure out which one.
    '73 K5 Blazer, built 350 SBC 375 HP/425 TQ, 12" F/18" R suspension travel. Deaver springs with King shocks, D44/12 bolt, 3.73 gears, lunchbox locker F/Auburn Posi R, crossover steering, 35" BFG Mud Terrains, Vintage Air system, PRP suspension seats, lots of custom work, all built by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty Old Shellback View Post
    Maybe when I pull the distributor, it will become more clear.
    Yes, it will be. Start with the vacuum advance lockout kit installed. Then you'll need to run the engine, synchronize the idle timing by turning the distributor, tighten the hold-down bolt, then check rotor-phasing to see how much you need to shorten/lengthen the vacuum advance link arm.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

3. Default

OK thanks. Got my three projects complete. So unless the new cats for the wife's truck come in this week, I'll be tearing into it this weekend and will report back how it goes.
    '73 K5 Blazer, built 350 SBC 375 HP/425 TQ, 12" F/18" R suspension travel. Deaver springs with King shocks, D44/12 bolt, 3.73 gears, lunchbox locker F/Auburn Posi R, crossover steering, 35" BFG Mud Terrains, Vintage Air system, PRP suspension seats, lots of custom work, all built by me.