Thread: EFI Tank Fuel Pump Holes Do Not Align

Default EFI Tank Fuel Pump Holes Do Not Align

I purchased a Holley EFI Sniper conversion fuel tank which is a Tanks Inc fuel tank. My problem is the mounting holes for the fuel pump to the gas tank are way off and do not align one bit. I don't want to make new holes or make the new holes bigger due to sealing issues. Just wondering if anybody has had problems with this. Thanks.

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I tried to contact Tanks Inc, but I'll contact Holley. Thanks.

Just got off the phone with them and they said I need to return everything and get a replacement, as they've never heard of this happening. They don't know which part is bad the gas tank or the sending unit or fuel pump. (The Holley EFI fuel tanks are made by Tanks Inc. There's a nice Tanks Inc stamped on the fuel tank.)

I'm gonna try again. This is from Tank Incs website:
    Sender Bolt Pattern & Swing
    Our tanks are setup for the standard SAE 5-hole bolt pattern used by all of the aftermarket gauge manufacturers. The 5-holes are not evenly spaced. Two of the holes are farther apart than the other holes. If you are holding the sender with those two holes closest to your body, the hole directly across is known as the index hole. If the float swings to the right, it's a right-swing sender. If it swings to the left, it's a left-swing sender.

Yeah, that seems like the problem.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I was able to figure it out. The main problem with the fuel pump, was the manufacturer put the hose clamp to close to the top, therefore not allowing the mount to seat all the way. So I loosened the clamp and lowered it a little bit, now it's perfect. And in post #3, that was the problem. Easiest way is to line up the gasket first with the holes and mark the gasket. Then line up the gasket with the sending unit and mark it. But I did manage to mess up my ground wire and have a little wire exposed. Do you think I need to make a new ground wire, or will heat shrink or electrical tape work to wrap it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171127_152750.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	2705   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171127_152811.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	2706  
    Last edited by RPnova; 11-27-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RPnova View Post
    Do you think I need to make a new ground wire,...
    Yes.

...or will heat shrink or electrical tape work to wrap it?
    No, not inside the fuel tank.

I agree and already made a new one! Thanks Danny!

That's good news and you're welcome.