Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sensor Warning - Boost PSIG?

OK, I'm gonna try that. I adjusted the idle screw back out so I could drive to work today, but I guess I left it a tad too far open so every other red light I was getting stuck in what I think is called that IAC Hold. (IAC was showing 30% and my RPM were @ 2k). I had to modify the IAC Ramp Down under Advanced Idle Settings - from 30% & 4 seconds, to 1% & 1 second - and that kept my idle down to 1100. I'm assuming I should set that back to default before I do this reset trick?
    Last edited by schweigert; 11-15-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Well, no luck: https://youtu.be/JBWuzOV07rA
    I blocked off the IAC hole, and even with backing out the idle screw completely, it idles the same around 900 RPM. Even tried forcing the throttle closed by hand, no luck. So somethings up it seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by schweigert View Post
    I blocked off the IAC hole, and even with backing out the idle screw completely, it idles the same around 900 RPM.
    Then the engine is inhaling air from an additional source - vacuum leak.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Well, no luck: https://youtu.be/JBWuzOV07rA
    I blocked off the IAC hole, and even with backing out the idle screw completely, it idles the same around 900 RPM. Even tried forcing the throttle closed by hand, no luck. So somethings up it seems like.
    Have you tried this? https://www.efisystempro.com/efi-pro...roubleshooting

Yeah, I've been going down that list. I'm going to try to see if I can find a vacuum leak tonight.

Did this run OK before you replaced the Holley? Are all vacuum plugs in place on the Sniper? No pinched wires under the Sniper?

Yeah, the engine ran fine with the carb. I'll try reseat the Sniper tonight, but pretty sure it's on their nice & snug. For vacuum plugs, there's the on big hex on the front, any other ones I should check?

Yes, three nipples in back. Ignore the red lines, but click the image, and see the two ports in the base, and the one just above and to the right:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	integrated_ecu_regulator.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	2691
    Last edited by Zmann; 11-16-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Oh my God, I had no idea there was that third vacuum line back there, above to the right. I'm gonna be so mad if that's it. I definitely left it unplugged (if it comes unplugged from Holley). I won't have access to my car for a bit, so I'll report back.

Oh my God, I had no idea there was that third vacuum line back there, above to the right.
    That's a ported (timed) vacuum port for an emissions vacuum advance canister. There's no vacuum at idle, only off idle. Although, it should still be plugged if not used.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11193.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Quick Start Manual - Read Page 4)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires