Thread: Header problem

gmcgaurn Guest

Default Header problem

I recently bought a pair of hooker headers, part #6907, for my 1991 ford f150 4x4 5.0 truck. I was finally able to put the headers on 2 weekends ago when I noticed a problem after they were installed. The driver side long tube comes to within inches of the transmission shifting linkage. Is this supposed to happen? If so where do I run the exhaust? Do I have to run a sharp 90 angle down and around the linkage? If anyone has had any experience with these headers much help is appreciated. Thank you.

gmcgrurn
    You are right about the sharp bend the exhaust must make to fit around the linkage. As long as the exhaust and headers are not hitting the linkage you should be ok.
    Thanks
    Eric H

gmcgaurn Guest

Eric H thank you for the info. I would assume also since the transfer case is in the way that I would have to cross over to the passenger side just after the transmission support beam? Thanks again and I appreciate the help!