Thread: Struggling with 3.5" TSLCD Connector

Default Struggling with 3.5" TSLCD Connector

I can be all thumbs sometimes, so when I found myself struggling to disconnect the connector on the 3.5" touchscreen, I just figured it was me. But now others have come to me saying they have the same problems, so I figured I might try to share something that would be helpful. I've written a full article about this on our EFI System Pro Hangout, but here are a few pictures of what I posted there:

Detailed Picture of Connector Locking Mechanism
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mizu-p25-disconnected.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	2659

Opening using thumbnail technique.

Name:	mizu-p25-thumbnail-opening-technique.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	2660

Opening using screwdriver technique. Step One:

Name:	mizu-p25-screwdriver-opening-technique-1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	2661

Step Two:

Name:	mizu-p25-screwdriver-opening-technique-2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	2662

Of course, this is really only an issue if you've using the Sniper EFI system and are going back & forth with the laptop and the TSLCD. But it is made worse if you're trying to do this hanging over the engine compartment. That can be made a lot more comfortable by adding this extension so you are making the connection inside the vehicle. Many have bought this and found it to be a life saver.

Have others struggled with this or found any especially helpful way of separating these connectors?
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our www.EFISystemPro.com website for live stock status on
    all Holley items, including the full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!

The thumbnail technique works for me. I found that the problem most of the time was locating the release tab. Once you know it's location, it's fairly easy. Certainly made easier by the extension cable.

Yes, in hindsight, I think the most helpful part of that article was the very first picture. I only intended for that to be an overview, but it's probably the key to success, as you say. :-)
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our www.EFISystemPro.com website for live stock status on
    all Holley items, including the full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!

Agreed, once you know where the tang is and how to manipulate it, life is easier (until next time when you forget). But buying the cable extension from EFI System Pro made switching from PC to 3.5" handheld a cake walk.