Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Training

And no reviews from anyone yet?

This class is definitely a good learning tool for first timers or someone who’s new to the Holley EFI. I’ve been using this system with my Terminator over two years and I'm always wanting to learn more. I’ve been through several software driven EFI systems, and this is the best I’ve used.

The class covers all the basics. If you take the time to listen, watch & learn, it is a good base to start with. Yes, you can learn on your own (as others have said), but why take the risk if you’re not sure what you’re doing. This makes it that much easier.

Setting up a tune and configuring the software is helpful and actually shows what changes you make do to the different tables. My only critique would be actual running of the tune setup for the two configurations shown in the class. I know a lot of videos are on YouTube that show how the software learns, but setting up the tune and then being able to see what’s going on with that tune in the example, would be another benefit to the class. Maybe that can be in another advanced learning class.

Overall, it’s a good learning tool. You just have to remember that the class is stated as a beginner or novice learning tool.

I've taken the training, and it did fill in many gaps of my understanding of how to tune spark, fuel, idle, and other aspects of tuning both of my Holley HP based cars. I would very much recommend the course. In addition, Rich (Fastmanefi) really knows how to tune these systems. I have bought many of my parts from Rich, but will also support his tuning help by the way of paying for his valuable time!

My next adventure next spring will be the Davis Traction Control for my 1000 HP Hemi Super Bee, and Rich will be my source of advanced support. My 2 cents.

I'm starting with a new COPO Camaro already setup from the factory with the HP EFI on the 350 supercharged. I don't need to learn how to set it up, it's already done. I need to lean how to make tuning changes as time goes on. Is this the best course for me or should I do the boosted one if available?

The training covers an important fact that you are in control of the Target A/F Ratio table and the system should Learn from there. You should always be in Closed Loop so the Target A/F Ratio table drives almost everything you do with the exception of timing. I build two complete tunes, going through the typical thought processes that a first time user would go through, but the training does not cover boost. But tuning any engine, even boosted ones, is basically the same: set the Base Fuel Table up as best possible, set you Target A/F Ratio table carefully (covered), do some datalogs (covered), and use that information to make adjustments to the Base Fuel Table. I use the Learn feature to show me what it had to do to try and achieve the Target A/F Ratio.

I've heard fastmanefi's online Holley EFI training at EFIExpert.com is very good. It answers the basic questions that are often asked on this forum. I'd consider this thread (and the links within) to be a good precursor:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2523#post62523 (Holley EFI Tuning Tips & Information)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

241 viewers so far. If you are one, please post your feedback.

I'm as new to EFI tuning as anyone. I probably shouldn't attempt this on their own, but I'm limited on local tuning and travel is hard for me due to a disability. With that being said I've learned a lot from it, but still have a LOT to go to learn. Unfortunately, I'm so new I'm not sure what constructive criticism to give you to help you grow & improve. I'm currently trying to figure out the datalogs of my attempted starts, to see what I'm still missing or need to change, and the short video on datalogs helped a lot. Now that I know how to get around them a little better, I just wish I knew more about what it meant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7OZUXLRS1Q (How To Record A System Log & Diagnose A No-Start Condition)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Overall, it's a good training course. I found it to be very helpful in better understanding setup & tuning concepts. IMO, it's well worth the current $75.00 holiday price.