Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Training

Default Online Training

Just an FYI: If you need a little more help getting used to the Holley HP EFI, Online training is now available. Go to: www.efiexpert.com/classes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen 1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	2649

Quote Originally Posted by EFI Expert.com
    Holley EFI online training is now available. I'd like to have your feedback because your input drives the improvements. You will receive a link and a password to start the training. It is not a timed session, so you can come back at any time. My existing Holley customers can email me for a FREE link.

I cover the basics, expose you to the Holley EFI product line, get you comfortable with the Holley screens, discuss installation issues, Holley file management, parts and sensors, fuel systems, tuning and data logging. Watch me build two tunes from SCRATCH (a street car and a methanol burning race car) while you hear me explain what I'm doing in real time. This training does NOT cover power adders such as boost control or nitrous. This is intended for new Holley EFI HP and Dominator users who need training and help understanding the Holley software. It is not intended for experienced tuners.

Due to resolution of the slides, the interactive screen capture videos, and full narration, it has to be hosted on the cloud. This means that none of our laptop memory is used and nothing needs to be loaded on to your computer. You log on with a password and you can come back as often as you like. It does not time out. As long as you have the password you can always go back. You can contact me at rich@efiexpert.com 209-247-6497 with questions.
    Thanks, this should be very helpful for novice Holley EFI users.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

How much of your curriculum goes into understanding the data provided in the EFI software (from datalogging), and making adjustments based on such?

That's a tough question. I discuss the math that backs up the building of a tune. Give it a shot, and I do a 100% refund in case it didn't meet your expectations.

The last link below is very useful:

Quick Datalogger Information:
    Always provide data, not just symptoms. Is the AFR & ignition timing optimized? Overlay the datalog onto your Global File.
    Ensure the Target A/F Ratio table is properly programmed for your engine. Ensure the ECU is "Learning" (Learn Table LINK).
    Scroll through the datalog to the problem area. Then look exactly where this happens on the Base Fuel & Timing Tables. Scrutinize:
    RPM, MAP, MAT, TPS, CTS, IAC, Target AFR, AFR Left, CL Comp, Ignition Timing, Duty Cycle, Fuel Flow, Fuel Pressure & Battery.

Using the Holley EFI software (LINK), look at where the live cursor moves to during this occurrence, and
    manually tune that area of the Base Fuel Table (enrich or lean) & Base Timing Table (optimize ignition timing).

I find the most helpful datalog function, is overlaying the datalog on your Global File.
    I'm in the habit of using the datalog Overlay feature every time I review a datalog.
    Click on "Datalog" (on the top Toolbar), "Activate Overlay", then "Open Data Log".
    You can literally "playback" a recorded event, and watch it as it happened on any screen.
    Minimize (shrink) the datalog window, and move it to the bottom of any Global File screen.
    Then click & scroll anywhere on the datalog, and watch it playback on your Global File (EFI software).
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...9r10543rev.pdf (Holley EFI Datalogger Instructions)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog & System Log Information - Read "NOTES")
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHO...C6FEA0BB99AF17 (How To Record & Email A Datalog)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...7531#post77531 (Closed Loop Datalog Tuning - Posts #2, #4 & #6)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    The last link below is very useful:
    Yes, that has been very helpful.
    2010 Shelby GT500
    1987 Fox GT (drag car)

Don't waste the $ on some online class. Just learn it yourself.

Don't you think you should look at it first?

Yeah, some people really need this online EFI training course.

110 people have taken this online training since announced a few weeks back. I'm now adding a separate online session that covers only boost control. Stay tuned.