Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dakota Digital BIM-01-02-HLLY CAN Bus Adapter

Default Dakota Digital BIM-01-02-HLLY CAN Bus Adapter

Just a quick learned lesson in case anyone else is planning to use the Dakota Digital BIM-01-02-HLLY CAN Bus Interface Module (LINK) with the HP ECU. You can't use your handheld at the same time! If you set the CAN Bus to Racepak, so that the BIM can read data from the ECU, your handheld will stop working, and you will be pulling out a laptop to reprogram the ECU. I had hoped to avoid adding one more temp sensor to the intake during an HDX install on a '69 Camaro, but the BIM from Dakota does not talk on the same style CAN Bus as the Holley handheld. We wound up adding another sensor because the customer really wanted the handheld.

Here's the Stealth running on that car, as well as the HDX gauges installed the next week:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqp...kAeLX7NTbEj0HK

What BIM info were you able to get off the CAN Bus? I can only get Fuel, Boost & AFR.

Did not wind up using it. I returned it so that we could keep the handheld. Drilled & tapped another hole in the intake manifold (you can see it in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY78UviaNEE.

I'm currently dealing with this problem also. I have a '69 Chevelle with VHX gauges. The problem I’m having is that the Holley EFI system wants me to wire my CD box directly to their system. If I do this, my Dakota Digital tachometer will not work. Both tech support from Dakota Digital & Holley suggested the BIM-01-2-HLLY. I have not installed the Holley interface yet, but I had intended to use the handheld. Does anyone have any additional ideas on how to get everything to work together? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by cdoughty View Post
    The problem I’m having is that the Holley EFI system wants me to wire my CD box directly to their system. If I do this, my Dakota Digital tachometer will not work. Both tech support from Dakota Digital & Holley suggested the BIM-01-2-HLLY. I have not installed the Holley interface yet, but I had intended to use the handheld. Does anyone have any additional ideas on how to get everything to work together?
    Either use the Holley EFI software (laptop) or install Coil-Near-Plug ignition system (LSx coils or Holley smart coils).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Dakota Digital needs to get their box on another CAN channel! Either that or the Holley needs to support two CAN channels.

Quote Originally Posted by howpeculiar View Post
    Either that or the Holley needs to support two CAN channels.
    The Holley Dominator ECU does have two CAN Bus channels (the 2nd is on the J3 connector).
    CAN1 is on the J1 connector and CAN2 is on the J3 connector ("View Fixed" on Pin Map).
    You can connect more than one CAN Bus device to the ECU (see "CAN Bus" in Basic I/O).
    The Dominator CAN Bus Type 1 can be set to "Holley Standard" (for a Holley touchscreen unit),
    and the CAN Bus Type 2 can be set to "Racepak" (for the Dakota Digital BIM Interface Module).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

So for all intents & purposes, if I didn't use the handheld anyways, and all of my sensors calibrated & set correctly in the Holley EFI software. I could use my VHX cluster, this module, and a laptop instead? Eliminating the extra water temp sensor & oil pressure sensor supplied by Dakota Digital? Would be nice to gain air/fuel ratio, fuel pressure & air temperature, along with the traditional readings I was already using in my cluster. Maybe even add oil temp or transmission temp if it allows.

Not the VDX gauges, you would need the HDX as I understand it, but give them a call.

I have a Dakota Digital VHX dash and bought the BIM module for my Holley EFI. Mine isn't sharing any info, change CAN to Racepak, no luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast