Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learn Problem

Default Learn Problem

It is NOT recommended to perform a transfer until the Learning is complete.
    I performed a Learn Transfer before my Learn was complete. Does this mean it will no longer Learn? My boat will not Learn after 900 RPM.

No, that's fine. It doesn't stop Learning unless you disabled Learning after the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Patnicholl View Post
    Does this mean it will no longer Learn?
    No, it continues to Learn. Read this forum thread:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7370#post47370 (Closed Loop & Learn Table - Especially posts #2, #6 & #11.)

My boat will not Learn after 900 RPM.
    Check your Closed Loop/Learn Parameters (System ICF).
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Learn Issues, Self-Tuning".)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Where do I find the coolant temperature that it goes into Closed Loop, and how do I change that?

Quote Originally Posted by Patnicholl View Post
    Where do I find the coolant temperature that it goes into Closed Loop,...
    Closed Loop/Learn Parameters (System ICF). "Enable Closed Loop" and "Base Fuel Learn Enabled" the only parameters that need to be check marked.

...and how do I change that?
    It's self-explanatory, but why do you need to change it?
    The ECU should be in Closed Loop shortly after key-on; as soon as the WBO2 sensor finishes its initial heating cycle.
    The ECU is in Closed Loop, but Learning doesn't start self-tuning until the engine reaches 160°F (default setting).

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r10544.pdf (Holley EFI Help/Instructions Overview)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I'm thinking when at idle, I'm at 160°F, but when I'm off idle, it's pushing more water though the motor and cooling it to 150°F or so. I would like to change the default setting to let's say 140°F.

I think you're confusing Closed Loop & Learn. The engine can remain in Closed Loop at all coolant temperatures.
    Closed Loop & Learning happens at all RPM, provided the Closed Loop/Learn Parameters are programmed as such.
    The Coolant Temperature Enrichment % & A/F Ratio Offset tables must be at 100% & zero to enter Learn mode.
    You'll need to reconfigure these tables if you're running the engine colder than what the base calibration specifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    You'll need to reconfigure these tables if you're running the engine colder than what the base calibration specifies.
    Yes, my engine runs cooler than 160°F. How do I change that to 140°F?

In the Coolant Temperature Enrichment % & A/F Ratio Offset tables, enter 100% & zero in the 140°F & higher columns to enter Learn mode sooner.

Does this engine ever warm up at all? The reason I ask is your fuel demand between 140°F & 160°F will be different than say 200°F. You might want to exit Learn more at higher water temps. But for some reason, I doubt this is an issue.