Thread: Datalog?

Default Datalog?

I just got my Sniper EFI in a few weeks ago, and I thought I'd try the datalogging since I got a few miles on it now. I datalogged a 15 min drive today, and stuck card in the laptop and opened Sniper, and I get magic number error and it's a Global File that's corrupt. How do I go about fixing it? I have not done any updates to anything yet, I think my firmware is 01.00.0040.

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny. I had watched that video a few times before trying it. I think I got it to work, as I had three files in folder and I went by date. I reopened Sniper EFI and picked the other one in folder and it seem to load.
    Last edited by 383cj; 09-30-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Is there some detailed document available on the datalog file format itself? Being a 3D software developer, I'd love to parse & visualize the data on my Mac.

I'm not sure that you can. I have an iMac that I run a free emulator on (Virtual Box), that you can run the Sniper EFI software on. You do need a copy of Windows (7 or higher), though.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8771#post88771

@bryaneh: I boot my MAC either on Win10 or MAC and I have the Holley EFIsoftware on it.

I meant not to use Holley EFI software, but directly read the .dl file with own parser and display using own software.
    The data is from what I saw, series of buffers of floats. Which is easy to push to a WebGL or OpenGL for a 3D visualization.
    In order to do this, I would need the file format/logic on how the data is stored to parse/interpret it.

Fabrice, please use Spell Check before posting.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Fabrice, Datalogs can be exported to a .CSV file, which should allow you to open them in whatever you'd like. -Adam