Thread: HP loose end wires to?

Cool HP loose end wires to?

I keep seeing where some of you are connecting the red/white wire that's labeled Switched +12V to the B20 connector? Reasoning? The main harness I have is Holley 558-118. Can someone give me a legend on the loose wire leads and their destination? Some of the labels are off on mine and this particular harness doesn't match the standard Holley loose wire legend.

Quote Originally Posted by SICK_FOX View Post
    I keep seeing where some of you are connecting the red/white wire that's labeled Switched +12V to the B20 connector?
    What? You'll have to show me this. I think you're confused with the B20 crank/cam sensor ECU 12V power modification. Read 3rd paragraph below:

Crank & Cam Sensor Wiring Tips:
    The 10-pin Ignition Connector has one "Chassis Ground" (loose black wire ground) and two "IPU Grounds" (clean ECU ground).
    Don't use "Chassis Ground" to ground an ignition module (or crank & cam sensors). It's quick & easy to move the ignition
    module ground wire from (cavity) pin D "Chassis Ground" to pin C or G "IPU Ground", where it should be.

If you don't have the actual Metri-Pack terminal release tool, a "safety pin" will work.
    It just needs to be a stiff wire between .030"-.035" in diameter to release the terminal tab.
    Then reopen (bend) the terminal tab before reinsertion, so it will clip (lock) into the cavity.
    http://www.whiteproducts.com/removal_tools.shtml (T-6 Micro Terminal Release Pick Tool)

Also, don't use (cavity) pin E "Switched +12V" from the 10-pin Ignition Connector, to power an ignition module
    (or crank & cam sensors), unless you've modified the wiring source to connect from pin B20 - EST 12V Output
    (P1B ECU Connector). This LINK explains why & how to do it.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual, Sections 2.1 "Pin-Outs" & 13.0 "Wiring Appendix")
    Can someone give me a legend on the loose wire leads and their destination?
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Section 6.0 "Loose Wires", Page 11)

Some of the labels are off on mine and this particular harness doesn't match the standard Holley loose wire legend.
    The Holley EFI 558-118 Ford MPFI/CNP Main Harness is wired just like Holley 558-307 Universal CNP Harness (LINK) and the Holley 558-104 Universal Main Harness (LINK - Section 13 Wiring Appendix). Except the IAC motor is wired for a Ford PWM unit.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK yeah, I must be confused. I'm running a Dual Sync Distributor, Holley CNP smart coils with this harness. So your telling me this harness is plug & play with the 5.0L pushrod IAC engine? No configuring I/O with it?

So your telling me this harness is plug & play with the 5.0L pushrod IAC engine?
    Read the Holley 558-118 product webpage "Overview"; it states what the IAC motor application is.

No configuring I/O with it?
    Yes, you have to program the EFI software for the Ford PWM IAC motor. The wire harness/hardware doesn't change your Global File.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

As always thanks Danny. With this setup in your opinion, what would be the best way to give the HP ECU a speed signal? In my transmission, I have a 2-wire VSS sensor.

Oh, back to the IAC question. What I was referring to is the configuration. I know in the past before this new Ford CNP harness came out, people were using the FORD IAC, but had to use an Input & Output. Just was wondering if that was the case as well with the Holley 558-118 & pre-terminated Ford connector?

As always thanks Danny. With this setup in your opinion, what would be the best way to give the HP ECU a speed signal? In my transmission, I have a 2-wire VSS sensor.
    This is how I did it: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...ith-Holley-EFI (Holley EFI VSS Input)

Oh, back to the IAC question. What I was referring to is the configuration. I know in the past before this new Ford CNP harness came out, people were using the FORD IAC, but had to use an Input & Output. Just was wondering if that was the case as well with the Holley 558-118 & pre-terminated Ford connector?
    1st, you never had to use an Input, only an Output. 2nd, yes, you still have to program the EFI software for the Ford PWM IAC motor; same as always. The Holley 558-118 Harness only addresses the hardware convenience (wiring), not the EFI software.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....neral-IAC-Info (General IAC Information - Read "IAC NOTES")

Gotcha, Thanks Danny.

You're welcome.