Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sniper Problems

Do you mean I have to set the timing on the handheld the same as my static timing? I'm running 16° up to 1150 RPM up to 36° at 3200 RPM with the ICE Ignition system. *Green (single) wire = Tach Output (12 volt square wave - normally high, then low for 1.1 m/s per spark). Do I need to change the spark time on the handheld too, I think it's reading 2.6°?

Quote Originally Posted by aussie408 View Post
    Do you mean I have to set the timing on the handheld the same as my static timing?
    If this is an ECU timing control application, the engine timing needs to be synced with the Sniper EFI timing.

I'm running 16° up to 1150 RPM up to 36° at 3200 RPM with the ICE Ignition system. *Green (single) wire = Tach Output (12 volt square wave - normally high, then low for 1.1 m/s per spark).
    I don't know anything about the ICE Ignition system, nor did you answer my questions HERE.

Do I need to change the spark time on the handheld too, I think it's reading 2.6°?
    Not if you're referring to the actual ignition timing gauge display.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Sorry mate, I'm not that clever with electrical stuff. Here's a link to my setup: https://www.iceignition.com/product/...ition-control/

That doesn't tell me anything. Is this is a Sniper ECU timing control application? I'm assuming not. If not, simply ignore the ECU timing related parameters. Does the Sniper EFI Data Monitor display legitimate cranking RPM?

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

What steps do I use in the setting?

Please answer this simple question: Is this is a Sniper ECU timing control application? Yes or no?

No, I selected "CD Box" which I believe there's no timing control feature. Should I adjust my distributor back to 15° to sync with the system?

No. Since this isn't an ECU controlled timing application, simply ignore all timing related parameters. There's nothing to sync.
    Also, does the Sniper EFI Data Monitor display legitimate cranking RPM? (You never answered this question either.)

Thanks Danny. I decided to try one more thing today that's is not mentioned anywhere. I disconnected my tachometer wire that was connected to my CDI box & Sniper purple wire, it started up & ran perfect, except for the rattle snake noise. So lesson to anyone using a CDI box, disconnect the tachometer wire if your running a aftermarket tach.
    Last edited by aussie408; 08-26-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks for the update. (I didn't think there was anything wrong with your Sniper EFI.)