Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sniper Problems

Default Sniper Problems

Hi all. I just installed my new Sniper EFI to my 351 Cleveland mild cam, Edelbrock heads, etc. I'm running a ICE Ignition, so I connected the wire to the green tach wire connection on the box. I setup the unit as follows: 8 cylinder, 351 cid, stock cam, set the ignition to CD box my ICE ignition system link: https://www.iceignition.com/wp-conte...IRING-2012.pdf. The Sniper kit came complete with pump & filters, all installed correctly. The problem I have is, when I start it up, she will fire for 1-2 seconds then die. I trickled a little gas down the carb and tried to start it, ran for 3 secs then died. Any tips or settings I should try? Thanks.

First thing - check fuel pressure. It could be so high the injectors don't fire.

It's the supplied pump, I don't think it's adjustable.

He's not referring to adjusting the fuel pressure, he's referring to checking the fuel pressure with a gauge (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by aussie408 View Post
    It's the supplied pump, I don't think it's adjustable.
    There's a well-documented issue with broken fuel pressure regulators. Check pressure first. Or, if you don't have a fuel pressure gauge, see how much, if any, fuel comes out of the return line when you turn on the fuel pump. You can do that by simply redirecting the return to a Jerry can.

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge (LINK). If you don't have one, buy it.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I'll buy a 100 psi gauge in the morning. It should read 60 psi?

Yes, around 60 psi fuel pressure.

I connected fuel gauge, cranks at 60 psi feed line pressure. The return line flows like a garden hose. What's next?
    When cranking, it sprays one dose of gas then runs for 1 sec then stops. No more sprays when continuing to crank. Cracked another inlet to bleed any air out, had a beer, checked all connections again, could it be a dodgy carby?

Ensure the ignition timing is synchronized.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11369.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Troubleshooting Guide)