Thread: Restore Sniper to factory setting?

Default Restore Sniper to factory setting?

Hi. I have the Sniper on my 383 Chevy with great results so far. I'm looking at buying another kit from a friend that has it on a stock Ford 302 Windsor. Can I set his back to factory setting, as I'll be putting it on a 500 HP 400 Chevy & if I can, how do I do it? Kind regards, Glen.

Yes, run the Wizard again, or use the Sniper EFI software (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

OK, thanks for that. Kind regards, Glen.

You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I'm having trouble with this, that is, resetting the Sniper to stock because I'm trying to solve a curious problem. I'm trying to go back to a magnetic pickup NO TIMING CONTROL, but that option has disappeared from the Wizard even after updating the firmware. (As of April 18th latest download from from the Holley website and video followed). Any solution for this?

So to be clear, I run the Wizard and get to the screen where I select magnetic pickup, and the next screen goes straight to WOT timing. It doesn't show the screen as described in the manual "Will Sniper Control Timing?".
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 04-19-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Ron, try to delete the data card contents and copy to the contents of the other card you have in the car running properly. Insert card back, it will make a firmware update and you should be able to use the Wizard again from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I'm having trouble with this, that is, resetting the Sniper to stock because I'm trying to solve a curious problem. I'm trying to go back to a magnetic pickup NO TIMING CONTROL, but that option has disappeared from the Wizard even after updating the firmware. (As of April 18th latest download from from the Holley website and video followed). Any solution for this?

So to be clear, I run the Wizard and get to the screen where I select magnetic pickup, and the next screen goes straight to WOT timing. It doesn't show the screen as described in the manual "Will Sniper Control Timing?".
    If you have the Sniper wired as seen on page 23, then the unit does not control timing and is configured as a CD Box. If you have it wired as seen on page 29, then it's wired for timing control and must configured as a Magnetic Distributor.

You cannot configured it as a Magnetic Distributor and have no timing control.