Thread: Video for magnetic pickup distributor with Sniper.

Exclamation Video for magnetic pickup distributor with Sniper.

There's a new video from Holley with different instructions on how to setup a magnetic pickup distributor with Sniper EFI: https://youtu.be/oBSiyeg4XCU

The things different that I noticed were aligning the pickup pole with one of the reluctor wheels, while it's at 45° on your balancer (phasing the pickup). They then have you phase the rotor by setting your balancer at the middle of your timing curve (he uses 30°), then using your drilled out distributor cap to line up the rotor with the closest terminal. I'm going to give this a shot and see if it works.

As long as you fully synchronize the ignition timing once the engine is running (LINK), you're all set (aside from rotor-phasing).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by bryaneh View Post
    There's a new video from Holley with different instructions on how to setup a magnetic pickup distributor with Sniper EFI: https://youtu.be/oBSiyeg4XCU

The things different that I noticed were aligning the pickup pole with one of the reluctor wheels, while it's at 45° on your balancer (phasing the pickup). They then have you phase the rotor by setting your balancer at the middle of your timing curve (he uses 30°), then using your drilled out distributor cap to line up the rotor with the closest terminal. I'm going to give this a shot and see if it works.
    I can't take the time to watch it right now, but am I correct in assuming that now that a bunch of us spent the $430 + $25 for the "NEEDED" Dual Sync distributor & adapter, that this new & improved video says we didn't have to? Or, no?

I think everyone is still recommending the Holley Dual Sync Distributor.

I did hook mine up using the method in the video and it ran great. The idle was a lot smoother. I then realized that he was syncing it using a 45° Reference Angle, which seems too small for my engine. I then synced it again using 60° and it started up a lot rougher, and my RPM was all over the place. Once I changed my Minimum Signal Voltage the RPM settled down, but it seems like the idle still isn't as smooth, but it might be my imagination. It seems like I have more power, though.