Thread: Install Question

Default Install Question

Hi. I installed new 3/8" mild steel fuel & return lines. The instructions say to use a compression fitting with a barb on the end. Nobody in my area has any. I went online and found a Dorman brass barbed fitting, but they say it will not work on rubber hoses. I understand the Earls hose is rubber. Do you have any idea where I can get the correct fittings? Thanks, Greg.

The Dorman fittings are designed for the Nylon fuel line, so they have a much sharper bite to hold the hard plastic line. It will cut into the hose eventually. If you have a flare tool, use the adapter for the first step of a double flare and just bubble the line. Not too much that the hose doesn't slide over, but enough that it won't slide off. All the Earl's fittings are is a slight bubble. Be sure to use the correct size EFI clamps and double them on any pressure hose. That's what I did and with the defective pressure regulator cover that caused my fuel pressure to peg a 100 psi gauge, I didn't have any leaks.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...nts-amp-Clamps (Read 1st quote under EFI hose clamps.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Hi. Thanks for the replies. I have a flaring tool and can flare almost any type of flare. I just didn't know if it was recommended to have the flare on the end of the metal line. Thanks for the links, as any help is appreciated. Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gregaba View Post
    I just didn't know if it was recommended to have the flare on the end of the metal line.
    Yes, that's acceptable.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires