Thread: Part number for crank trigger. Anyone know?

Default Part number for crank trigger. Anyone know?

I have HP EFI 550-603N. It's an LS2 harness, but it's going on a Gen 1 SBC. I need a crank trigger kit to fit a Gen 1 SBC, but it needs to be plug & play for my HP EFI LS2 harness. Does anyone know of this crank trigger kit or how I can make this work? Thanks.

There's not a plug & play SBC crank trigger kit for an LS2 main harness. Wire the crank sensor as such:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #6)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

New Holley Dominator ECU for sale: LINK.

OK. What is my easiest option? How can I make this setup work?
    Sorry, I just read Step #6. Thanks. In your opinion what trigger should I buy and if you have any other advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks

You can run an MSD crank trigger kit with Holley's 554-118 Hall-Effect crank sensor.
    Holley's 554-118 direct replacement Hall-Effect crank sensor (¾"-16 threaded sensor).

Or you can run the Holley EFI 36-1/60-2 crank trigger kit (Hall-Effect sensor) for small block Chevy:
    https://www.holley.com/products/igni..._trigger_kits/ (Holley EFI SBF 36-1/60-2 Crank Trigger Kits)

The +12V Hall-Effect crank & cam sensors are wired as shown in the Holley EFI Wiring Manual:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Figure 11/12, Page 20/21)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

You're the best! Thank you.
    So, I can buy the 556-110 trigger kit, and then I can to cut the plug off the sensor, and wire it correctly to the harness? Do I have that right?

Attention to detail. The LS2/LS3/LS7 main harnesses are wired for +5V crank & cam sensors. The Holley crank trigger kits
    use +12V crank sensors. So you'll connect the Holley crank trigger kit harness directly to the P1A ECU connector plug.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #6)

Look at the LS1 main harness wiring schematics in Section 13, Wiring Appendix.
    You'll wire your +12V Hall-Effect crank & cam sensors the exact same way:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Figure 24, Page 37)

Danny, it's funny, I emailed Holley and they had no clue on what to tell me. They told me to contact EFI Connection. Anyway, I'm not entirely straight yet on exactly how it's going to go. (Yes, I've read & read, and I'm heeding your "attention to detail".) I guess it may make more sense when I have the ECU & crank trigger, with the wiring harness in front of me.

The purpose of this message is: I'm going to order the 556-110 crank trigger kit, and just making certain with you that this will fit the bill as far as my combo is concerned? So, buy that trigger kit with the mods you speak of and I'm good? As well as inputting the correct Custom Ignition Parameters in the ECU. As soon as I hear from you I will order it up. Thanks Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayngo View Post
    Danny, it's funny, I emailed Holley and they had no clue on what to tell me. They told me to contact EFI Connection. Anyway, I'm not entirely straight yet on exactly how it's going to go.
    EFI Connection will provide the +12V cam sync unit (LINK), not the crank trigger kit. This entire thread was about a SBC crank trigger kit.

I guess it may make more sense when I have the ECU & crank trigger, with the wiring harness in front of me.
    Yes, it will.

The purpose of this message is: I'm going to order the 556-110 crank trigger kit, and just making certain with you that this will fit the bill as far as my combo is concerned?
    Yes, that's a +12V 60-2 crank trigger kit for a small block Chevy.

So, buy that crank trigger kit with the mods you speak of and I'm good?
    Yes, the wiring modifications in post #6. (I added more information to post #6.)

As well as inputting the correct Custom Ignition Parameters in the ECU.
    Yes, you'll use the Custom Ignition Parameters.

Holley EFI Custom Ignition Parameters:
    Ignition Type ........ ― "Custom"
    Crank Sensor Type ― "60-2" ( Holley 60-2 crank trigger kit.)
    Sensor Type ........ ― "Digital Falling" ( Holley Hall-Effect sensor.)
    Inductive Delay .... ― "adjusted per application" (← Synchronization info.)
    Timing Offset ....... ― "0"
    TDC Tooth Number ― "9, 10, 11 or 12" ( Crank sensor setup LINK.)
    Cam Sensor Type . ― "Single Pulse" ( 1x Cam sensor setup LINK.)
    Sensor Type ........ ― "Digital Falling" ( Holley Hall-Effect sensor.)
    Output Setup Type ― "DIS Coil On Plug" ( Coil per cylinder ignition.)
    Dwell Time .......... ― "3.5-5.0 msec" (← Read end of page 3 - LINK.)

Thank you very much!

You're welcome.