Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pressure sensor, wired to electric gauge & ECU? Possible?

1. Default

SNM-5325 is what's on it.

It should be an "MP-xxxx" part number (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

3. Default

Sorry, S/N M-5325. Wonderful. LOL, I'll try and find my receipt. So most likely it's meant for a carb? It's weird, I can't even find the regulator online or any reference to it. I'll check my bills to see if I got it from Steve Morris.

I don't know what it is, but I'd just purchase a Holley EFI HP or Dominator Billet Bypass fuel pressure regulator (LINK).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

5. Default

So here's what I got going on. Grabbed a gauge to stick in the fuel pressure regulator to see if the FPR was in fact getting pressure, negative. So I have a Y block near firewall that splits to feed each rail. I put the gauge in the port on the Y block, tried priming and nothing. Loosen the fitting a bit and fuel did pour out, loosen fittings at FPR and they were dry also. These pumps have sat around awhile, so they probably dried up or something. I assume once I try removing main line and feeding it into a gas can, I'll be able to tell if it's even feeding fuel. Which I doubt much will come out. Just letting ya know where I'm at.

6. Default No fuel pressure adjustment.

I'm beyond frustrated, I have my MagnaFuel regulator plumbed correctly, and fuel gets all the way to the regulator and that's it, no return, no psi adjustment, nothing. I have been browsing for the last two days trying to determine what the problem is. With absolutely no help. I can't find the damn part # online for my regulator, MagnaFuel won't answer the phone, and nobody has any information on the regulator itself. Why is establishing a damn 43 psi so hard to do? What should the pumps rating for psi be, and should it be capable of providing more psi than required to function properly? I'm totally at a loss and starting to just not care to waste my time anymore searching for useless info.

Posts #8 & #14.

8. Default

Well I did manage to find specs on pumps, they have a max psi of 45 psi. So that being said, if my "Actual System Pressure" is supposed to be set at 43 psi, shouldn't the pumps max rating be substantially higher to leave room for adjustment? It seems to me that if I'm requiring 43 psi and my pumps max psi is 45 psi that they are not capable of what I need, and I should be looking into a pump with a much higher max PSI like the MagnaFuel Pro Tuner 750 pump which are 20-120 psi. Am I thinking correctly about this?

If you're going to street drive it, that pump is an excellent choice. If it's a race only application, I would look into either a Weldon 2345 or the MagnaFuel, I believe Pro Flo 750. It's the other 750 GPH pump that MagnaFuel makes that is not meant for continuous duty. I run the Pro Tuner on my car because mine used to be a street car, but it still supplies plenty of fuel for my needs. I believe you said your application is boosted, and if that's the case, you'll absolutely need a pump that can supply more than 45 PSI. The pump needs to supply fuel pressure that will increase over your base fuel pressure, 1 lb per pound of boost. So if you're running 10 psi with a 43 lb base fuel pressure, the pump will need to supply 53 PSI. Personally, I don't like MagnaFuel's regulators, I typically use Aeromotive. Make sure you get a rising-rate fuel pressure regulator that's for fuel injection.

10. Default

I posted the link below to the fuel pumps I have (2). I probably totally overlooked my fuel pumps I think, because they were already there and believed to be capable of handling my setup. Learn the hard way I guess.
    The really weird thing is, I can't find the part number info for that MagnaFuel FPR, but being the weekend I'm kinda stuck waiting it out until I can get hold of MagnaFuel. I guess I will do my research this weekend. I do appreciate your feedback
    http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...83&cspheader=1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast