Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxygen Sensor? Fails way too early.

Also, ensure there are no exhaust system leaks upstream of the WBO2 sensor.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I tried everything on mine. Stuck on 35.6. Changing the WB02 sensor made no difference. I called tech support and they're having me send everything back for repair. No physical damage to the unit or wires. It ran fine the last time I used it, then it was stuck on 35.6 with no ability to adjust it. An air/fuel ratio of 35.6 is telling the computer is running way too lean, so the computer is trying to make it run as rich as possible, which is way too rich. I'm not a tech, but it looks to me like some kind of internal CPU related problem. I hope this will be fixable and not be a recurrent issue.

I don't have any exhaust leaks. I sent the throttle body, both WBO2 sensors, and the display back to Holley.

I'm having exact same issues. I already installed a replacement WBO2 sensor (Holley sent it to me no charge). But stuck at 36.5 still. My harness to the WBO2 sensor looks fine too. I'm calling Holley on Monday, but keep us posted on how you guys do.

Yes, call Holley Tech Service (LINK).

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

My WBO2 sensor hasn't been an issue, but I've seen posts on here where it has been. I thought about buying a spare and leaving it in the car in case it fails on me when I'm nowhere near home. That was until I saw that they are basically $150. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that if mine does go bad, it won't leave me stranded somewhere.

A failed WBO2 sensor does not "leave you stranded", if you know what to do.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (WBO2 Sensor Information - Read 4th & 5th paragraph under "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes".)

Also, the tune (Global File) should not be programmed to allow a failed WBO2 sensor to significantly affect how well the engine runs. When the
    engine is tuned & running well, you should decrease the Closed Loop and Learned Compensation Limits % to lock in the tune. I decreased my
    Learned Compensation Limits to 2% in the idle area (10% elsewhere). My Closed Loop Compensation Limits are 50% or less.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...9561#post89561 (Related Forum Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (WBO2 Sensor Information - Read 4th & 5th paragraph under "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes".)
    Yep, "if you know what to do" is key. I don't, but I'm going to print out a copy of #4 & #5 paragraphs, and leave it in my car.
    I also need to practice this as well so I'll have a clue as to what I would need to do, instead of fumbling around in frustration if it were to ever go bad.

Also, the tune (Global File) should not be programmed to allow a failed WBO2 sensor to significantly affect how well the engine runs. When the
    engine is tuned & running well, you should decrease the Closed Loop and Learned Compensation Limits % to lock in the tune. I decreased my
    Learned Compensation Limits to 2% in the idle area (10% elsewhere). My Closed Loop Compensation Limits are 50% or less.
    I need to dig into this more. My car seems to be running good, but I might still need some more Learning since I haven't put a ton of miles on it since the installation. I'll try to figure out how to turn down the Closed Loop & Learn Compensation Limits, so I can turn that down soon. I also need to learn how to make a backup of my tune in case I ever have to reset it for some reason. If you have any posts with step-by-step instructions on how to do that, I would love to take a look and see the process.

I had the same issue and had to send mine back also. Tried a new WBO2 sensor, and nothing. Same 35.6 AFR on the gauge.
    Last edited by mikecap67; 09-30-2017 at 01:15 PM.

I finally got my kit and I'm installing it now. I think great advice, experience & knowledge like this will really pay off in the long run. I put this gem in my notes as "Precautions Against WBO2 Sensor Failure", maybe you can add it to a sticky here. Thanks!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast