Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100% TPS, 108 psi oil pressure & 108 psi fuel pressure, won't recal.

Thanks Danny. Any suggestions on shielding? The coils are on the firewall and wires are crossing the harness at 90°, because they have to at some point as the harness does come out of the firewall, and the wires are run under the headers. Noise makes sense because the more load on the ignition system the more noise it will produce, and high gear is where the load is highest.

Datalog screen of idling without touching the throttle. You can see the TPS fluctuation as well as the IAC changing. There is TPS and then Pedal Position, what is that? I don't have Drive-By-Wire. Paul
    Attachment 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post
    ...and then Pedal Position, what is that? I don't have Drive-By-Wire.
    It's just another TPS channel, not Drive-By-Wire related.
    The Holley EFI ECU records everything, but the datalogger (EFI software) displays only the channels you've selected.
    Click the "E" (top Toolbar) to edit what the datalogger displays. In the Data Monitor/Datalogger, clicking on the letter
    "E" allows you to Edit (add/delete) data channels for each View List. Drag & drop data channels to & from the View Lists.
    The data channel list (left side of Graph Setup) is very long, so you need to scroll it to the right to see every channel.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog & System Log Information - Read "NOTES")
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Interesting, it does seem to follow the TPS just magnified. I don't mind seeing everything at this point, but good to know how to remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post
    Interesting, it does seem to follow the TPS just magnified.
    It will display the same if both Autoscale Axes are on or off.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Moved switched power and red loose wire power feeds on harness to battery in trunk. These were up front on a power post which is direct to the battery, but has the Starter, Electric Fans, Fuel Pump & Coils on it. Very much likely the cause of my problems. I still have to test it, but I'm confident that this should fix the problems. Separating common grounds is next if the problem persists.

UPDATE: Yes, I have been chasing this for almost a year now when I have time. Moving the power wires direct to the battery and isolating the noisy circuits from the clean ones didn't fix the problem, but were of course a necessary task. What I did do was use the datalog to see the noise on the different channels like TPS, which was affecting the idle. What finally worked at least noise wise were some RFI chokes that I installed on every ground in the engine compartment just before they enter the main harness. See the before & after is quite obvious what was going on was noise which was a given. PROBLEM NOT SOLVED!!!
    Datalog Before:
    Attachment 3541
    Datalog After:
    Attachment 3540
    Today still not idling right, so I turned it off in the garage and then just turned on the ECU power and started checking wires. The harness has a serious ground open circuit in it from what I can see now. Right at the junction of the TPS, IAC, MAT & CTS; if I move the harness all the readings go crazy. See image TPS 100%, MAT -16°F, CTS -15°F, IAC 95%, Oil 106 psi & Fuel 100 psi. Engine temp is 170°F and it's 85°F here in my garage. I guess I was chasing a main harness issue all along with some EMI to boot. Not sure what to do now. Looking at the diagram for the harness, they all share the same ECU ground pin 18A Sensor Ground Out, except the IAC. Harness replacement is expensive and certainly doesn't build confidence. UGGH!!!
    Attachment 3568
    Last edited by Paul P; 08-25-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Called Holley Tech support. They were really helpful. Sent a video of what's going on. I'll be replacing the harness with a new one. This is the safest solution to this problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12