Thread: Odometer disappeared after I/O Harness installed.

Default Odometer disappeared after I/O Harness installed.

I have a Dominator with Digital Dash on a turbo LS with 4L80E controlled by Dominator. The odometer was working normally until I installed the I/O Harness for fuel level monitoring and to ditch my stock cluster. The odometer switched to GPS odometer, and I'm not using GPS. It should be reading from the 4L80E. I switched it to "Trans Speed" in the Vehicle tab on the Digital Dash, but odometer doesn't come up in the list of gauges anymore. GPS odometer is still the last option in the list, but that doesn't help me. Anyone know where I should be looking to fix it?
    Last edited by Lnorm1977; 07-23-2017 at 08:32 PM.

FYI: The "Speedometer Output Enable" (Speed Calculation in the Transmission ICF) is used to operate an electronic speedometer
    (Pulses Per Mile signal - LINK), not a VSS. Electronic transmissions already have a VSS. If you're trying to create a stand-alone
    VSS (MPH) signal, do so with a custom speed Input in the Inputs/Outputs ICF (LINK). HP ECU is only compatible with Hall-Effect type VSS.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2656#post82656 (Speedometer/VSS Information - Read posts #2, #4 & #6.)

If you're using the Holley 554-140 GPS USB Module with the Digital Dash, and/or need an Odometer:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions - "Vehicle Tab" & "GPS Speed", Page 11)
    Go to Menu, Configuration, Dash Configuration, Vehicle Tab, and change Speed Input to "GPS Speed" (LINK).

If you're using the electronic transmission's VSS (Transmission ICF) with the Digital Dash, and/or need an Odometer:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions - "Vehicle Tab" & "Trans Speed", Page 11)
    Go to Menu, Configuration, Dash Configuration, Vehicle Tab, and change Speed Input to "Trans Speed" (LINK).

If you're using a custom created VSS Input from the ECU Inputs/Outputs ICF with the Digital Dash, and/or need an Odometer:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions - "Vehicle Tab" & "ECU Input", Page 11)
    Go to Menu, Configuration, Dash Configuration, Vehicle Tab, and change Speed Input to "ECU Input" (LINK/LINK).

If you're using a custom VSS Input directly connected into the Digital Dash IO3 or IO4 pins, and/or need an Odometer:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions - "Vehicle Tab" & "Dash Speed", Page 11)
    Go to Menu, Configuration, Dash Configuration, Vehicle Tab, and change Speed Input to "Dash Speed" (LINK).
    This is the only setting that requires you to enter values in the Local Dash Speed Calculation fields on the Digital Dash.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger, 1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, R134a A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

That's what I'm saying Danny. The Vehicle tab is already set to Trans Input. But the option for odometer is still gone. The only option is still GPS Odometer. I appreciate you sending the manual to me again, but I've read it three times top to bottom. The explanation is not in it. My speedometer works fine still. The odometer option does not exist as s gauge. Only GPS Odometer.

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger, 1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, R134a A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thank you. I'm assuming it's a software glitch somewhere, but everything is up to date.

Bump from the dead. Did you ever sort this? Having the same issue.

Same here. After installing the I/O harness into the Digital Dash to get a fuel gauge, I have the GPS Odometer option, but not the plain Odometer option just like LNorm1977 described. I'm using a Terminator X ECU, but this seems to be a glitch with the Digital Dash itself.

If you remove the I/O harness does the Odometer option come back or is it wiped out by the harness? If you can make the Odometer appear & disappear, then you know you've found the root problem. Not sure Holley Tech will do anything about it, since the SW guys are probably a year behind on bug fixes.

Just checked mine. Unplugging the IO harness did not produce a "normal" odometer option. It still only has GPS odometer selectable. Worth noting that I've never had an Odometer channel since I've owned the product. But I've also always ran it with the IO harness, so wasn't sure if it was related.