Thread: Custom Ignition Type For LSx Ignition

Default Custom Ignition Type For LSx Ignition

When setting up a Custom Ignition Type for an LS with a 24x crank sensor, should the Crank Sensor Type be "GM LSx 4x" or "Single Pulse"? Might just be me, but the Help? description for "GM LSx 4x" is somewhat ambiguous. Just out of curiosity, if "Single Pulse" was selected, what would be the effects on how the engine performs? Thanks.
    Scottie
    Turbo LS Mustang
    8.71 @ 156.79

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie-GNZ View Post
    When setting up a Custom Ignition Type for an LS with a 24x crank sensor, should the Crank Sensor Type be "GM LSx 4x" or "Single Pulse"?
    "GM LSx 4x" refers to the Cam Sensor parameter, not the Crank Sensor.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

SORRY! Typo. Meant to say Cam Sensor Type.
    Scottie
    Turbo LS Mustang
    8.71 @ 156.79

The OEM setup is 58 tooth crank with 4x cam, and 24 tooth crank with 1x cam. I believe this can be mixed & matched with the Holley EFI, but I do not believe it's recommended...not sure why I think that. Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    The OEM setup is 58 tooth crank with 4x cam, and 24 tooth crank with 1x cam.
    Correct.

I believe this can be mixed & matched with the Holley EFI, but I do not believe it's recommended...not sure why I think that. Andrew
    Yes, it can with no problem. Simply program the Custom Ignition Parameters as such, and ensure the sensors are wired correctly.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #6!)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Just so I'm clear, I can select "GM LSx 4X" for my 24x/1x setup? I selected "Single Pulse" and engine doesn't feel right. Fires right up and idles fine, but the Holley display shows fluctuation in the timing at idle. I hear a miss from the fender exit exhaust at low speed, but don't really feel it and most of all, the performance seems to have hit a brick wall.
    Scottie
    Turbo LS Mustang
    8.71 @ 156.79

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie-GNZ View Post
    Just so I'm clear, I can select "GM LSx 4X" for my 24x/1x setup?
    No! A 1x cam sensor/reluctor is "Single Pulse". It's not a choice either way, it's whichever cam sensor/reluctor your engine has.

I selected "Single Pulse" and engine doesn't feel right. Fires right up and idles fine, but the Holley display shows fluctuation in the timing at idle.
    That's the "Idle Spark" control (Idle ICF) doing its job to stabilize the idle speed. The "Idle Spark" control functions by slightly advancing & retarding the ignition timing to stabilize the idle speed. Temporarily disable it when checking the idle timing.

Thanks. I had it right to begin with. Guess I need to check the Inductive Delay setting again.
    Scottie
    Turbo LS Mustang
    8.71 @ 156.79