Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pre-Filter

Got everything installed this weekend, and fired right up! I'm very pleased, idles smooth, loads more throttle response.

I was wondering if there is a list/chart of where all the values should be (ranges). My IAC initially was like 80%, so I kept turning down the screw and it's darn near bottomed out, and it's only down to 25, and my buddy said it needs to be around 3. So wondering if there are charts of where to try to get all my values on the display to be at for ideal running?

http://documents.holley.com/199r11193.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Quick Start Manual - "Sensor Verification", Page 10.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

That's funny, I obviously got that booklet in my box, but those pages were not in there...odd.

My MAP is sitting at 47-60, and I'm at sea level, at the beach. Not sure how to remedy this. It runs well, but my IAC stays a little high.

Does it read 47-60 kPa with the engine running or with the engine off and the Sniper turned on?

Not sure about engine not running, I'll check that, it's definitely 47-60 with engine running though.
    Actually based on a video I took the other day prior to engine running, MAP was around 102 kPa.
    Last edited by hokievet; 07-27-2017 at 10:32 AM.

That is normal. At sea level, you should see 99-101 kPa with the engine not running.
    Roughly every 10 kPa less than the value with the engine not running is 3 inHG of vacuum.
    So with the engine running at 47-60 kPa, you are seeing roughly between 12-16 inHG of vacuuming while idling, which is normal for a stock or very mild camshaft.
    Last edited by Matt; 07-27-2017 at 03:25 PM.