Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Filter

Another question. I have a Painless Wiring harness for my Bronco. I currently have a +12V keyed power wire running to a relay for my 12-890 fuel pump. Now, when I install the Sniper, it has a relayed power wire for the fuel pump. Would it be wrong to run the blue Sniper wire to my current relay and terminate the current power wire, and just have two relays in line? Then I was going to use my electric choke wire to run the keyed +12V to the Sniper itself?
    Last edited by hokievet; 07-21-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hokievet View Post
    Now, when I install the Sniper, it has a relayed power wire for the fuel pump. Would it be wrong to run the blue Sniper wire to my current relay, and just have two relays in line?
    The Sniper blue fuel pump wire already comes from a relay. You don't need to wire it anywhere else, but the fuel pump.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11031r.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Instruction Manual - Page 12)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I guess I'm asking, would it be wrong to use the second relay for simplicity of not having to rewire anything? Simply plug the wire into the current relay, rather than strip all that back out? I understand it's simple to run the new wire to the pump, but I would rather not have to tear into how I have everything mounted. So in short, will it hurt anything to use the current relay?

So in short, will it hurt anything to use the current relay?
    No, that should be fine, as long as that other relay isn't overloaded with the fuel pump added to it.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

It's a heck of a lot easier and more convenient to post something on here and get an answer in 14 seconds, vs sit on hold for 25 minutes with tech support. Danny, you're great.

You're welcome, and thanks for the compliment.

I was thinking I would install a union in the supply fuel line that has a port for fuel pressure gauge and mount this on the firewall. I'm hesitant to install a fuel pressure gauge to the throttle body itself due to vibrations and what not. Do you think this would be a good/safe placement?
    Last edited by hokievet; 07-22-2017 at 09:35 AM.

I agree. It's not safe to have a fuel pressure gauge permanently mounted on the throttle body, due to engine vibration (possible failure, leak & fire).
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...0792#post90792 (Related Forum Post)

I've got the Sniper in place, all linkages, fuel lines, thermostat, WBO2 sensor, and vacuum lines hooked up. Only took about an hour and a half, so far so good.
    Now for the wiring aspect. On my Painless Wiring harness, can I use the electric choke wire as my keyed +12V source to the Sniper pink wire?
    Also, an additional question. I have a tach mounted to my steering column. I run an MSD 6AL box.
    Will I be able to maintain use of this tach, as the Sniper needs to be wired to the white MSD tach out wire that I'm currently using?
    Last edited by hokievet; 07-22-2017 at 04:19 PM.

On my Painless Wiring harness, can I use the electric choke wire as my keyed +12V source to the Sniper pink wire?
    As long as that choke wire is a good +12V source, and it's powered in the "Run" and "Crank" key positions.

Will I be able to maintain use of this tach, as the Sniper needs to be wired to the white MSD tach out wire that I'm currently using?
    Try splitting the CDI box tach out wire to both Sniper & tachometer.