Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Filter

What's the main difference in 12-800 & 12-890? Looks to be same size, guessing just different internals?

See post #6. The 12-800 fuel pump is for pump gasoline. It's the fuel pump I use.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

So at this point, you think it's fair to run the pump until it dies, since I bought it, and now have used it? So can't return it, and with as little as I drive it, it may never become a problem? I'll be honest, I don't drive a lot when it's hot out anyhow, mainly spring & fall, and being in South Eastern Virginia, it's not really in the 90s, but during the summer months.

Yes, the Holley 12-890 is compatible for limited pump gasoline usage. Read the note on the product website.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks for all your help. One last question. Does the Sniper have an internal fuel pressure regulator, or should I order the 12-846? Currently, I run a 12-845 for my carb, so it would be a simple swap.

Quote Originally Posted by hokievet View Post
    Thanks for all your help.
    You're welcome.

One last question. Does the Sniper have an internal fuel pressure regulator, or should I order the 12-846?
    Yes, the Sniper EFI throttle body has its own fuel pressure regulator.

So I see there is an 8 injector vs. 4 injector option. The 8 handles more HP. Other than HP, what are the advantages? I have around 550 HP as it sits. Would I benefit from running the 8 injector option, or is it a waste of money? I'm wondering does it provide a better flow and more consistent results?

You don't need the eight injector version. The Sniper EFI is rated for up to 650 HP. You'd have no benefit with the eight injector version.

Just ordered from Summit. I'm trying to get all my fittings straight. I see the supplied inlet fitting is -6AN. What size are the ports on the unit itself. -6AN o-ring? I see there are two additional ports on the back that I could run to instead. I run -8AN line to the unit and -6AN line return. So I'm trying to get a correct hose end fitting for my -8AN to the unit line. Hope that question makes sense, but in summary, the supplied inlet fitting on the unit itself has a male -6AN on the end of it sticking out, what's the male end on the other end connecting to the actual unit?

It's 9/16-18 thread in the Sniper throttle body (−6AN o-ring port).