View Poll Results: Which EFI

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sniper EFI Master Kit

0 0%
  • Terminator EFI Master Kit

1 100.00%
  • Something else (please specify by reply)

0 0%

Thread: Howdy Y’All. Soon to be EFI F100.

Lightbulb Howdy Y’All. Soon to be EFI F100.

Greetings. Been lurking for a bit, have been interested in EFI for the F100 for quite sometime, and have been doing a bit of research, watching YouTube & reading what I can find. Have pretty much settled on a Terminator, though the Sniper is appealing from a $$$ standpoint.

Truck is a Bumpside F100 with a built thirty over 390 (~396).
    • ~10.5:1 with Forged flat tops.
    • Crower 280 R Street Roller. (Solid - 16462 - Dur @ .050” Lift: 234°/244° Gross Lift: .580”/.582” LSA: 110°)
    • Ford Heads Ported with CJ Valves.
    • Dual-Plane Blue Thunder Intake.
    • Hooker Headers - Hooker Dual Exhaust.
    • MSD Pro Billet Distributor with Digital 6 CDI box.

Rest of the drivetrain consist of a Broader/TCI C6 (like the Terminator's Ford kickdown) and a 3.50 rear gear with a locker. Tires are ~ 27.5".
    Currently runs a Holley 3310C modified to center hung floats & dual inlets. Cold starts are a bit of an ordeal.
    I'm primarily interested in cold start/driveability/fuel economy improvements.
    I watched the Hagerty video where they gained fairly significant improvements across the board with the Terminator.
    Having the manifold modified for PFI is a bit further than I’m willing to go, but I don’t mind the external ECU of the Terminator.
    Anyone have any thoughts about how the Terminator may or may not be the right choice for me. Thanks in Advance. F100

Well, Terminator Stealth it is.

You won't be disappointed (LINK). And frankly, your engine may need the 950 CFM Terminator throttle body, as opposed to the 800 CFM Sniper EFI.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

I love the Terminator Stealth.

If you care more about the function and easy access to the sensors than looks, you may want to go with the regular Terminator system. Also, I don't know if they changed this or not, but the Stealth is setup for a returnless fuel system, and I was already setup for a return style system, so I had to make my own fuel rail adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by SatherCS View Post
    If you care more about the function and easy access to the sensors than looks, you may want to go with the regular Terminator system.
    I completely agree. Personally, the last thing I'd want is an EFI system that looks like a carburetor.

Also, I don't know if they changed this or not, but the Stealth is setup for a returnless fuel system...
    It's not a returnless style fuel system. It uses the same return style fuel pressure regulator as an MPFI system.
    It's just one fuel supply hose routed to the Stealth throttle body. There's still a fuel return hose to the fuel tank.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11047.pdf (Holley Terminator Stealth EFI Master Kit - Section 27.2 "Fuel Pump & Filter Installation", Page 28)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

That's true. They wanted to make it look more like a carb, so they put the put the regulator before the fuel rail instead of after. I think I should have called it a dead head return style system.

If you want the fuel pressure regulator located at the rear of the vehicle, so you only
    have to run one fuel line all the way to the engine compartment, you can use this:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11014.pdf (Holley EFI 12-875/12-876 Filter/Regulator)

It's been discussed on this forum before. It's not a good idea for every application. There's still a return line, it's just very short, since the fuel pressure regulator is located at the fuel tank. It only works well on mild performance naturally aspirated applications. Unless it's nitrous oxide, a forced induction engine (turbo/supercharger) requires a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. And because it's not a vacuum/boost referenced FPR, the Base Fuel Table lb/hr values will be skewed under & above WOT (zero vacuum/100 kPa).

I prefer a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator in the engine compartment:
    https://aeromotiveinc.com/frequently...fi-regulators/ (Aeromotive EFI Fuel Pressure Regulator FAQs - Read Questions #8!)
    http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/..._Gauges_01.pdf (Aeromotive Tech Bulletin 903 - Liquid Filled vs Dry, The Problem & Solution)

The Terminator's fuel pressure can be safely increased to 60 psi (from 43 psi).
    And with the FPR at the rear of the vehicle, it preferably should be set to 60 psi.
    FYI: 60 psi may require a higher output fuel pump due to higher pressure/lesser volume:
    http://documents.holley.com/holleyfu...ems_chart1.pdf (Fuel System Selection Chart)

Aeromotive (FAQs - EFI Fuel Pressure Regulators): "Be careful using a factory OEM style filter-regulator, like those used in the Corvette, if your fuel pump flows more than 250 LPH. The stock part is unable to handle the excess flow provided by high flow Aeromotive fuel pumps, causing false high pressure and reduced fuel pump service life. For high performance applications, most prefer to replace the stock “returnless” fuel rail with an Aeromotive Billet Fuel Rail."
    Danny Cabral: Yes, the Holley EFI 12-875/12-876 Filter/Regulator's fuel pressure regulator (LINK) is the same type of OEM fuel pressure regulator. It's too small to support the high flow volume of a high output/racing fuel pump.

175 GPH is the flow size of the fuel filter, and it's Holley's 2nd largest fuel filter. The filter flows more than the FPR due to its size (for filter life/service longevity). You wouldn't want their 100 GPH fuel filter regardless of fuel flow, because it's too small and would require replacement more often. -8AN refers to the o-ring port thread size (3/4-18). It's large for a non-restrictive transition from filter to hose fitting. Most users will install -6AN fittings (AT985068ERL) & plumbing (LINK).