Thread: Boost Gauge

Default Boost Gauge

I've installed a supercharger with my Sniper and I'm having a problem with my boost gauge. It will read vacuum, but not boost. I've been talking by email to Holley support and the SC manufacturer, and everything is installed and setup properly. Has anyone had any issues like I'm having and if so, what did you do or suggest? I've already tried different gauges, vacuum/boost combos & boost only. I'm using an Auto Meter 15 psi gauge right now. I've also tried different manifold vacuum ports on the Sniper.
    Last edited by 30rat; 06-30-2017 at 02:15 PM.

I would start by verifying that you actually have boost first. Sounds like you have a leak somewhere. Plug a mechanical gauge in and see what it does.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

I'm using a vacuum/boost gauge and it works fine. You can also check boost from your touchscreen, setup one of the custom gauge options to read psi, that will also give you another reference point.

You might consider the Holley EFI Boost Gauge. It uses the MAP sensor in the Sniper throttle body, so if your monitor is reading boost then this will show the exact same number.
    To run the Holley EFI gauges, you'll need to buy the CAN Bus Module for the first gauge, but then you can simply daisy-chain using the included data harness to add more gauges.
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our website for live stock status on all Holley items!
    www.EFISystemPro.com, including a the
    full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!