Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 383 bogs down off the line at WOT.

OK, thanks for all the help, she is getting there. One area doesn't seem to be Learning. 1400-1500 RPM, 7-9% TPS. Works well in that RPM range with less or more throttle. What's the best way to fix?

Attachment 2470

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Learn Issues, Self-Tuning".)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK, did a smooth & changed a lot of settings in accordance with the Learn section. It's Learning now and has improved a lot. However, one of my original problems is back and I've added another. Old problem. When it shifts and the engine rolls back to 1500 RPM, it goes very lean & bogs down. What's the best way to correct that? The new problem is a rich idle. I have a target of 14.0, Learning starts at 1000. It idles at 12.8ish. What's the best way to correct this? Lower the Learn RPM? Thanks again for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by nutsf15c View Post
    When it shifts and the engine rolls back to 1500 RPM, it goes very lean & bogs down. What's the best way to correct that?
    In the Holley EFI software (LINK), look at where the live cursor moves to during this occurrence, and manually tune (enrich or lean) that area of the Base Fuel Table. Record & review a short datalog of this occurrence. It will reveal the problem, especially when overlaying the datalog onto your Global File. Scroll down to "Quick Datalogger Information": https://forums.holley.com/showthread...2523#post62523 (Actually, read this entire post.)

The new problem is a rich idle. I have a target of 14.0, Learning starts at 1000. It idles at 12.8ish. What's the best way to correct this? Lower the Learn RPM?
    Manually tune the idle area. (I don't know why your Learn is set to 1000 RPM.)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

The Learn is set to 1000 RPM. Should I go to 750 so it Learns? When you say manually tune, you mean adjust the Base Fuel Table?
    Last edited by nutsf15c; 08-28-2017 at 03:41 PM.

"Enable Closed Loop" & "Base Fuel Learn Enabled" are the only parameters that need to be check marked in Closed Loop/Learn Parameters. Yes, manually tune the Base Fuel Table if you're not allowing it to Closed Loop or Learn at idle.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (Read 2nd paragraph under "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes".)

Is it pinging? I would give it more timing if it's not.

It is not, I added a little more on the last drive and it was much better at WOT. I'm at 35° now, should I go higher?

No one can answer your WOT ignition timing question.

Remember, the only thing this EFI system self-tunes, is the Base Fuel Table, via the Learn Table.
    You're responsible for everything else, especially the Target A/F Ratio Table & the Base Timing Table.
    A dynamometer is the only real way to determine the optimum ignition timing for your performance engine.
    Most people research it, or just "know" what their engine needs or likes. Especially if it's a popular engine.

I would try to add more until it pings and back it off. I'm running 351 Edelbrock RPM heads, 11:1 compression ratio, and I have mine set now at 20 to 40 at 3000 RPM with the alloy heads. They have a better quench area over stock cast, so they can take more timing, I also run 98 octane gas. I also have 3.50:1 differential and an FMX with a 3000 stall.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast